SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
Picture of Cpt. Solo
posted Hide Post
wow, the progress looks awesome!

Posts: 1530 | Location: Hyperspace | Registered: April 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I knew those floor pics would be worth the wait. Love that distressed hardwood, beautiful.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Awesome, just awesome, looking forward to more pics!!

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Still looking awesome. Love the updates. Good Job! I love watching this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to dub this the iPhone update. This is also the first update posted from inside the house , finally got around to hooking up the wifi after paying for it for 3 months.

I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the trim work. With only the Master bedroom and bathroom left.

Front door

Kitchen window (with some cups made by the soon to be Mrs. Sureshot45, but I'll save that for a post of its own Big Grin)

Looking into the pantry

Kitchen

Living room and kitchen

Windows in the living room

Side nook of the living room, this is my Mini Split heat/ac unit.

Guest bedroom, looking into the bath. I went ahead and painted the guest bedroom and bath trim to see if I was going to like the all white. I think it turned out great.

Guest bedroom still

Since I didn't put up a false wall everywhere I needed a way to have power along the outside walls. Came up with this boxed chase, was a lot easier than trying to put them in the floor and cheaper too. Very happy with the turn out. Also the caulk I used on the outside of the windows in this room was different from the rest of the house, it has cracked over time so some of the paint under the windows ran but it isn't a hard fix.

Chase in the living room

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Gotta be my favorite thread on the forum.

You have no idea how badly I wanna go do this in the north country here in AZ.

Im way beyon the envy stage and into the plotting stage...

I still love that floor. My favorite part of the house so far. And the chases are ingenious.

ETA: Congrats on the pending nuptials!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree %100 on the floors, to me they really have made the house.

And thanks!!

quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Gotta be my favorite thread on the forum.

You have no idea how badly I wanna go do this in the north country here in AZ.

Im way beyon the envy stage and into the plotting stage...

I still love that floor. My favorite part of the house so far. And the chases are ingenious.

ETA: Congrats on the pending nuptials!

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great. When you moving in?

Posts: 1148 | Registered: May 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This house is only missing it's own HGTV special.

It appears you boxed in the beams, going to continue that into a coffered ceiling? Which, thinking about it, might seem a little strange on a sloped ceiling, but in this house it might fit in.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a coffered ceiling but the oposite side of the beams are going to have frosted plexi glass for the lights mounted inside the purils.

We have already dubbed them the beams of light... get it.

The house started with a modern/contempary leaning but with the floors and everything being white and kind of boxy it is starting to get an old feel which I really like.

posted Hide Post
I'm shooting for 2nd or 3rd week of March. I've moved my bed in the guest room and stay down there a little bit but im still holding off on moving everything in.

quote:
Originally posted by MCSO749:
Looks great. When you moving in?

posted Hide Post
This is incredible, I really like the floor a lot. Did you design the structure at all?

Posts: 193 | Location: NH | Registered: November 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
What a pad!!

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I like the idea of a coffered ceiling but the oposite side of the beams are going to have frosted plexi glass for the lights mounted inside the purils.

We have already dubbed them the beams of light... get it.

Totally dig it.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMazing!

Just beautiful! Nice job! The floors and trim are stellar.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update? Everything looks great.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
House is painted, putting the finishing touches on the trim work, both showers are waterproofed and ready for tile, cast iron tub is ready to be put in, starting on the kitchen cabnients and butcher block counter tops this weekend, and I'm having to reinforce master bathroom vanity as it was a little to heavy to support it self like I wanted.

My camera is being borrowed, should have it back next week and ill get some pictures taken.

Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
Whole thing looks fantastic.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see some new pics and the update!! Wink Let's bump this up to get it back to the top.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post