SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Looks fantastic! You are doing a great job sure shot!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Do you have a pic of the installed roof? I'm curious what it looks like. Everything else is coming along and looks great!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without the front windows, it sorta reminds me of something like a unmarked Gov building.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Totally wicked work.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The installed roof as in the top exposed to the elements? I'll take one tomorrow if that is what you mean.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Do you have a pic of the installed roof? I'm curious what it looks like. Everything else is coming along and looks great!

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
The installed roof as in the top exposed to the elements? I'll take one tomorrow if that is what you mean.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Yes sir, that was what I meant. I'm assuming there is no peak to the roof, just a gradual run from front to back, and the roof is made out of the same panels as the walls.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here you go big deal, the panels were pre caulked but they were seconds because they didn't lock together like they should have. I ended up putting silicone in all the gaps. They make a metal trim that snaps over the top of the raised part but they won't fit because the panels wouldn't lock all the way together. I'm having some metal bent to put over the seams just as an added precaution to make sure I never have leaks.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
Dude I'd completely put a deck on top of your house with that view.

Posts: 8122 | Registered: March 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Looking good! Thats a great score on the insulated panels. I've never seen a mis-fab like that.
The stainless vanity is awesome!

quote:
Originally posted by imprezaguy02:
Dude I'd completely put a deck on top of your house with that view.

A deck with a shooting bench!

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The idea of a deck on the roof has been around...

I had thought of putting 2 I beams in to support the roof so that there would be a solid structure to support a roof top deck but talked myself out of it.

The idea of putting a hot tub up there sounds pretty dang good through, there is still plenty of steel and beams around so it could happen Big Grin.

And yes tenmm is was an absolutely huge mis-fab. I bought 65 panels, my dad bought another 85 just to have. As of 2 months ago the guy still had another 200-300 panels left.

posted Hide Post
Thought I'd give this a bump to the top, I'm off work for the next 9 days. With a little luck by this weekend things will really be taking shape.

Picture of seabass
posted Hide Post
Awesome thread Sureshot!

I can't wait until your next update!! Smile

Posts: 1139 | Location: CA | Registered: July 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope all is well. Any new pics?

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed seeing the progress. I wish I had the skills and balls to try to do something like that on my own one day (after retirement from the Army maybe).

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few pictures from installing the septic system, there are now 4 windows in the front of the house as well.

Was out of town all of last week for work, im in New York for the next two weeks so there won't be any updates till after then.

Every time it looks like I'm going to get a lot done something comes up, I fell at work about 6 weeks ago and partially separated my shoulder were the collar bone connects. Taking off work wasn't really an option so by the end of most days I was miserable. Honestly I'm tired of bailing other people out of thier shit when I've got 4 months to have this thing finished and switched to a mortgage.

I could make this a full fledged rant but it isn't worth it, I can assure you though that by October 28th 2012 this little project of mine will be finished.

posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of pictures to keep this thing alive.

It is about to get crunch time, I've got 3 months to finish or I'll have to roll my building loan over for another year and I definitively don't want to do that.

Finally some windows, the others will be going in this week.

Need to finish bracing the retaining wall but after that I can get the water and electric connected into the house. And then get the front porch build as well.

Still working at least 6 days a week on a roof in Arkansas during the freaking summer, between work and house building I've spent 16hrs a day in this heat for the last week. I'm making progress but i'm not sure how long will be able to keep it up.

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Nice thread mate.

Hang in there.
Take a breather every now and then.

Cheers

bgml

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, looking good.

Posts: 1148 | Registered: May 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Good job sure shot!

You will appreciate that house so much when it is finished.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeval
posted Hide Post
I've been following this thread from the start. Can't wait to see it completed. You are doing a great job.
When its done I'm sure you will look back and be proud of yourself for your hard work and dedication.
Now, get back to work and keep us updated! Big Grin

P226 9mm

Posts: 816 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
I missed the May update, that deck is killer.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post