SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
Picture of llama 1
posted Hide Post
Waiting for a bit more . . .

Posts: 493 | Location: Southwestern tip of Ecuador | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Checking in... how's business? Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About to find out, I have 4 shows in the next 5 weeks that will have me traveling from Arkansas to Colorado to California. Feel like I haven't slept in a year and I just realized today I wrote down some dates wrong and missed a show this last weekend weekend that I paid booth fees on.

That said making or trying to make a living as a leather worker for the last 6-8 months has been a great experience and while I will know in 5 weeks if I have to go get a real job again it could happen regardless as I've done the first round of interviews with a really great company that would put me back as a consulting engineer (which pays way better in case anyone was wondering).

Living the starving artist life for the last 6-8 months has been a huge change of pace from the construction work and then consulting design work that I've done all my life and given me time to recoup from the shit storm that was the last 4 years.

I do however have everything planned out to get this house done and should get started in June when I get back from California.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
It sounds like things are going your way! Smile
As an engineer (the non-consulting kind), I'm sure the "artist life" has been quite a different thing. I'm glad it's given you some recovery time, though. We all need that from time to time, though we don't always like the way it's given to us.

It seems you're way busy, but if you have the time I'd like to email you about a small custom job. Definitely low-priority, and no giant rush.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it certainly feels like I'm way busy most days it is probably more just trying to keep up with everything than not having time to do them. Like this weekend when I was working on inventory all weekend and was supposed to be set up at a show selling...

E-mail is in my profile so feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Email incoming shortly.

God bless America.

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Been over two years since this thread was updated.... inquiring minds want to know!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I'd also nearly forgotten about this. Glad to see it.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last 2 years have blown by. Took a job 3.5hrs away in June of 2018 so I've been rent/living in Northwest Arkansas most of the time and treating this place as my weekend get away.

I was really torn on what to do with the place. While I could afford to keep it while also paying rent being tied to two different places was kind of holding me back financially and personally. While it was the last thing I wanted to do I'd decided to put the place up for rent only to then have a family member from the west coast ask if I would sell it to them as they were looking to spend more and more time here.

It's bittersweet, but it really is for the best. I get full use of the place for the next 3 years when I'm in town to visit my parents and they are going to paying me to finish out the basement and a few other thing I wanted to do which will allow me to see it through to completion. I will do my best to get some final pictures once everything is complete.

And of course it means that I'll be starting on another house in the next 6-8 months.