SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
My mind is blown. That looks so good.

Thanks for sharing

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I really liked the pottery topic you started sureshot45. The colors are beautiful. Can you say what is the large black dish atop the shelves by entrance doorway? Thank you.

This one? If so technically speaking its a vase I think. The piece sticking up in the middle on the top has a cork coming out of the bottom that plugs a small hole in the top of container. Its quite heavy at around 15lbs and is one of the nicer pieces we/she (it was hers before we got married) have both ascetically and value wise.

MAH18579 by michicks, on Flickr

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
The entrance way looks amazing.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thats the one sureshot45, I have never seen anything like that. Almost a burlap looking material.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping us updated with your progress!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Thats the one sureshot45, I have never seen anything like that. Almost a burlap looking material.

I agree, the first time seeing it I didn't think they it was made out of clay. The artist name is Dan Murphy.

And thank you to everyone else for the comments. Like most projects this size it is taking a little longer to finish but it will get done.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm now calling the master bedroom "done", it amazing all the clothes you can stuff in 2 50" wide dressers.

MAH18650 by michicks, on Flickr

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
bumping this up to prevent thread death... still love this build.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bump to prevent auto lock, been cleaning up brush and getting ready for a garden but not much else to report unfortunately.

Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me about the bedframe when you get a chance. Very similar style wise to what the wife has been asking for

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3615 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the look of the furniture. I'm guessing it was all hand made by you?

Posts: 1148 | Registered: May 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frankinaug:
Can you tell me about the bedframe when you get a chance. Very similar style wise to what the wife has been asking for

I'd love too, built it building up to valentines day last year because we were still sleeping with the mattress directly on the floor.

I put mine on a set of 4" locking casters to make it easier to move around, but aside from that the materials are
2- 2"x8" 8'
1- 2"x8" 12'
8- 2"x4" 8'
2- 4'x8' sheets of nice plywood, I skimped and bought 1/2" and wish I had went with 3/4" so that I didn't have to veneer the sides. You can notice in the picture where the veneer has been knocked loose.

Its fairly simple to build if you have access to a table saw. I built the 2"x8" frame, laid the 2"x4"'s flat and screwed them to the 2"x8" frame then laid the plywood shells on top and put a few screws down into the 2"x4"'s to hold them in place. The parts you can see in the picture are the plywood, I would have made the sides about 8" instead of 5" but it would have required another sheet of plywood.

Its built for a cali king mattress but we still have a queen on it, I can draw up a set of plans if there is any interest, there is maybe $120 in it depending on the plywood you use.

MCSO749, yes everything in the picture above was built by me. It is something that is more and more enjoyable to do, but finding the time is hard. It took almost 80 hours to build the 2 dressers, partly because I started with rough sawn wood and had to plane and rip everything which took quite a long time and was a major pain to work with.

posted Hide Post
Bump with a crappy garden photo

20150404_183153 by michicks, on Flickr

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Totally awesome thread with all the work and ingenuity that you have done to put this all together. Congrats to you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, I've had some time off from working on it everyday and I'm about ready to get motivated and get it 100% done.

Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
You need a fence for those veggies pronto!!

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Looks great

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Bump for updates?? Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much of an update so much much as advice, do not no matter how much you like the look put wood floors in your bathrooms, especially wood floors that have big holes and cracks in them.

This is in front of the walk in shower, and this is from 2 years of water from opening the shower door and getting in and out. It is actually drying out nicely and shouldn't have to be replaced as the wood is still sound. And yes it is getting tile put back down, and so will the other bathroom.

posted Hide Post
I debated letting this expire but so long as the mods don't mind I'm going to keep it going for a little while longer until I get it completely finished.

I'll post pics of the "fixed" bathroom floor this week.