SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A Year of Rainier
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Year of Rainier Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
So there's this spot I drive by just about every day, y'all have probably seen several photos taken from there in there Smartphone Photos thread, that gives a great view of Mount Rainier. I take so many pictures there, I figured why not have a whole thread for it? Every day I drive past, I take a picture, and in that way we document the mountain for the year.

Well today is the first day of that, and in classic Washington weather fashion, you can't see shit. Maybe things will be better tomorrow?

The trash also shows it's a great place to dump your garbage. It's why we can't have nice things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: airsoft guy,

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Spent many years up there , Tacoma, Rainier (little town south of Yelm) and Shelton. Old saying is if you can't see Mt Rainier it's raining. If you can see Mt Rainier it's going to rain.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
This is a good project. You can make a time lapse.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's a little better for day 2.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Alright, back to the fog, wooo! Of course where I live, up on a hill, it was clear, with the Sun shining. Until I got to the road down, and that's when it closed in.

Bonus! Pretty sure this is new, so before long this great spot will be another warehouse! Joy!

quote:

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This is going to be an interesting thread.

I hope you stick with it AG.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
A bit better today, with the bottom peeking out (erherherherherherher).

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Today it was rainy. Shocking, right? Rain, in Washington? FUN FACT: Chicago gets more rain than Seattle. THIS IS A FACT, AND IT IS FUN.

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
More fog. I promise, one of these days it's not going to look like an Englishman puked everywhere, it's gonna look real good!

quote:

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I don't know, this is still my favorite!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Another foggy day, but this time with more blue!

quote:

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Another cloudy day, but now with definition!

quote:

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Today it was rainy. Shocking, right? Rain, in Washington? FUN FACT: Chicago gets more rain than Seattle. THIS IS A FACT, AND IT IS FUN.

So, what you're saying is Chicago is rainier than Mount Ranier?

That is fun. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
A twofer! I forgot to upload yesterday, not that there was much to see anyhow, another glorious raining morning.

Today though, after having rained all night, was actually kinda nice looking. It's back to being cloudy and threatening to rain again, but it looked real good fora few minutes.

quote:

posted Hide Post
could that be seen from Camas,WA /Washougal area on a very clear day ?

or was I seeing St. Helens?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I approve of this thread.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
could that be seen from Camas,WA /Washougal area on a very clear day ?

or was I seeing St. Helens?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, depending on where you're standing, how clear the day is, and how good your eyes are, but you were probably looking at Mount Hood. Rainier is 90 miles away from Camas, Hood is 30ish, about the same distance I am from Rainier.

quote:

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Awhile back, one of my older customers asked me for some help. She was beyond the age of driving, but she needed to get something mailed ASAP.

Turns out her brother in law passed away. And he was a WWII Marine, a fighter pilot, scuba diver, and avid mountain climber.

When he passed away, he was cremated, and his ashes were scattered on Mt. Rainer. He had climbed it several times.

Kind of cool to see your pics.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hood sounds like a better bet, good catch.

I left a job in Camas after it rained , either 1/2 or all of a 31 days in a row. Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Wasn't going to have one for today, but I was out and about with the ladyfriend, so on our way back from nerdery at the theater, took a detour to my spot for an afternoon shot.

quote: