SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    How about an AR picture thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about an AR picture thread Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
work in progress still.
ignore m16 lower (that belongs to work, just needed something to hold a short upper since my two sbr'd lowers currently have short uppers on).

this was an old (new) 10.5" PSA CHF barrel collecting dust.
Also collecting dust was the Midwest Industries rail and gas block. So I ordered a BCM blemished upper, replaced the forward assist (still working on it. dangit) with a gas vent, a black YHM carbine gas tube and this is almost done.

Need to redo the pin on the gas vent and slap some Troy flips on it. The AAC 51T flash hider/muzzle brake is temporary until I get my Specwar stuff in.

-
ok, i stuck it on the lower it belongs to and put some troy flips on it. other than a red dot, this one is done. just waiting for a suppressor.

This is a (almost) 9" CMMG 22LR upper on a sbr'd PSA lower build. The original plan was to replace the 8.9" barrel with a 4.5" inch barrel so the suppressor will fit mostly under the rail. Decided not to do that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well figured I'ld post up some pics of my little AR's

My first...B-Day present from my wife a couple years ago. Colt Sporter mutt thing. Still love this rifle.

The day I got her

Now

My wife's Noveske. I bought it..she shot it...now she has a Noveske...Gotta love a woman that get bring the noise!

She's a nurse by the way...
[/url]

And now for the newest baby in the safe, and by far my favorite gun that I own. Knights armament SR 15 E3. Love. This. Gun.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I present the Christmas Bonus AR Pistol.

Parts List:
- Aero Precision "Pew Pew Pew" lower (I missed out on the Ghost Gun lower because I'd already gotten this one)
- El Cheapo LPK
- Daniel Defense upper receiver
- Daniel Defense 12.5" 5.56mm barrel
- YHM free float customizeable handguard
- YHM clamp-on low profile gas block
- YHM Phantom flash hider
- Pistol buffer whose manufacturer escapes me
- Spike's Tactical BCG
- Phase 5 pistol buffer tube pad
- Well-used EoTech 552

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got a cunning plan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 987 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: October 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
My Bushmaster 20" HBAR AR (AKA M16A4gery)

My BCM 14.5" SOCOM profile M4A1 clone. The ACOG is from my Bushy till I get an AimPoint PRO for the BCM.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Lots of pretty AR's here, time to change that.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
My Bushmaster / BCM SOCOM

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of triage1998
posted Hide Post
CMMG gov profile 20"

Kevin Nightingale
Nightingale Leather
Maker of Quality Handmade Holsters

https://nightingaleleather.com/

Posts: 1019 | Location: Medina, Ohio | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my first build. Still in progress.
[IMG:right] [/IMG]

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Still need to get off my duff and order the front sling swivel and a light.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Haven't had time to "update" my AR. I'll prob just add the vortex FH, Magpul CTR, MOE grip, and MOE handguard.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Here's my Armalite M15-T that I got just before the CA Assault Weapon ban went into effect. It had the newly introduced mid-length gas system and handguard

This is my newest build on an old Lower. Went lightweight both at the front (BCM KMR) and at the rear (MFT BMS) with just the BUIS mounted it's right at 6lbs

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14179 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Do not mess up this rifle. The CAR-15 is what the IDF was using in this configuration.

quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Haven't had time to "update" my AR. I'll prob just add the vortex FH, Magpul CTR, MOE grip, and MOE handguard.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
With the collection of spare parts I had lying around (hence all the mix matched colors), the two spare M16s we had had stocks replaced (uppers are still in storage) and the uppers I ordered came in.

Both have LMT carry handles and one is a 10.5" LMT upper, the other is a 14.5" BCM upper.

Will get these sighted in tonight and put in service tomorrow. The 10.5 will eventually sport an AAC 51T muzzle brake to use with my AAC 762SDN6.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
My first AR build from a stripped lower/upper.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Do not mess up this rifle. The CAR-15 is what the IDF was using in this configuration.

quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:

Ya, I'll prob never get around to it anyways, since I've only had the vortex lying around since the turn of the century.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My wife's Colt LE6520. It is such a sweetheart to shoot.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Posted before, but here it is again. Love this thing. Best AR I have.

My first post-AWB on the right. All LMT next to my M1A1 with repro stock.

MT6700 with Colt Gov. profile 1/7 barrel. Also had SAW drill the lower for the captive take down pin. My M16A4 clonery..

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post