SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite Login/Join 
Picture of pcshooter
posted
I bought a Dead Air Mask about five months ago, on a whim. I finally got around to picking out a host and couldn't be happier. Here's a comparison of the picatinny mount that comes with the Viper vs. the Burris mount. It's amazing how much better it is having the sight just a 1/2 inch lower.

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LITE

Vortex Optics Viper
Burris Fastfire 3 mount
Tandemkross Halo Charging Ring
Tandemkross Victory Trigger
Tandemkross Cornerstone Extended Safety
Volquartsen Accurizing Kit

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcshooter,

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Looks great, pcshooter.

I'm liking that color. My gf bought me a bronze one for Christmas and I have been eyeing the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. Is it simple to install and was there a noticeable difference between the two?

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have a MK3 that’s a blast to shoot

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I built a MKIV 22/45 Lite for my wife to use. Very similar, I installed a Volquartsen kit, a TandemKross Halo charging loop, a Vortex Venom and a TandemKross compensator.

The Volquartsen kit was t too tough to install but I felt like I could use a third hand. Check out some videos online.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
Is it simple to install and was there a noticeable difference between the two?

Thanks. The difference is night and day, IMHO. I had a bit of a struggle getting it all installed, being new to the platform and all. But once I figured out how everything worked together, it went okay. Took maybe an hour or so. Highly recommend it.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol(s). I really like that charging handle attachment, for the lack of a better term. How hard was that to attach? Also, how do you like the trigger compared to the stock trigger? Does it change the pull weight/feel? I can see my little pistol needing some upgrades.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Nice looking pistol(s). I really like that charging handle attachment, for the lack of a better term. How hard was that to attach? Also, how do you like the trigger compared to the stock trigger? Does it change the pull weight/feel? I can see my little pistol needing some upgrades.

It's the TandemKross Halo charging ring. Super easy to install (takes maybe 30 seconds). I bought the Volquartsen accurizing kit, which makes a HUGE difference in trigger pull, but I didn't like that it came with a curved trigger, so I added the Tandemkross "victory" trigger. (BTW, I got an email this morning that Tandemkross is doing free shipping today only, for St. Pats)

Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Late to this thread, but very nice setups! I just installed the Tandemkross trigger, Extended mag release and a Burris FF3 8 MOA on my Buckmark. It's an older slide style, so the Halo will not fit due to the lack of slots for attachment. I am going to use this setup in our Steel Challenge matches. More snow today, winter is hanging on Confused

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the options and everyone's opinion on the items they went with. I went ahead and ordered the Venom red dot, halo ring and trigger kit. I'm excited to install everything once they come in.

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
I bought a Dead Air Mask about five months ago, on a whim. I finally got around to picking out a host and couldn't be happier. Here's a comparison of the picatinny mount that comes with the Viper vs. the Burris mount. It's amazing how much better it is having the sight just a 1/2 inch lower.

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 LITE

Vortex Optics Viper
Burris Fastfire 3 mount
Tandemkross Halo Charging Ring
Tandemkross Victory Trigger
Tandemkross Cornerstone Extended Safety
Volquartsen Accurizing Kit

https://s9.postimg.org/ax6yhm4zj/IMG_0204.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/6bau9aebj/IMG_0247.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/egsw7hcv3/IMG_0205.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/5ls1wz3i7/IMG_0248.jpg
I still have a little trouble finding the dot on my Burris. It just doesn't seem to be jiving with my natural point of aim. I like that your mount is lower. Do you think that would help? Did it require machining to be mounted in place of the rear sight?

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
I still have a little trouble finding the dot on my Burris. It just doesn't seem to be jiving with my natural point of aim. I like that your mount is lower. Do you think that would help? Did it require machining to be mounted in place of the rear sight?

I had the exact same problem. I felt like I was having to hunt for the dot and then 'find it' after looking over the top, if that makes sense.

No machining necessary, the Burris mount just slides into the dovetail. Just needed a sight pusher to remove the stock rear sight and some filler screws to fill in the holes left behind by removing the picatinny rail. Easy peasy.

My only complaint with this gun is that it surprises me that the engineers haven't figured out a way to increase the magazine capacity. A single stack of 10 rounds goes by really quick and it seems like such a waste of space, considering all the room inside the grip.

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does. Thank you for the reply and info. Were the replacement screws easily found?

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
Yes, it does. Thank you for the reply and info. Were the replacement screws easily found?

Got 'em here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUGER...3:g:lygAAOSwrklVcf6j

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I have the Mark IV Hunter version. Was really excited to get it in, took it out to shoot a few times, and I can't hit anything with it. Like, I'm much better with my Glock 19 and my 1911's than with this. Disappointed. Will mine take the same sight? I can't hit squat with the open sites...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link or part number for the Burris mount you used? I really like that low profile mount.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
Do you have a link or part number for the Burris mount you used? I really like that low profile mount.

Burris 410329

https://www.ebay.com/p/Burris-...Ruger-Mark/691345822

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between the MKIII and MKIV?

I'm just curious because I've got a MKIII 22/45 and Hunter and shortly after they came out with the MK IV's

BTW, the cheapie SiG red dot work great on them but I kind of wish something would take the text off.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
One of the main differences is the ability to take it down easily to clean it.

I finally had some free time to put the red dot on with the Burris plate and the charging ring. Next week, I'll tackle installation of the V-trigger set. Watched a video on Youtube and will use the same one for assistance.

Off topic, does anyone know of a good, universal pistol vise?

Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Very pleased with the results so far. Thank you for the recommendations! Now to tackle that trigger.