SIGforum
Camping in the Bighorns (Pic heavy)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/1350063374

August 11, 2020, 12:36 PM
92fstech
Camping in the Bighorns (Pic heavy)
We just got back from a week and a half of vacation in what I consider to be one of the most beautiful places in the world: Cloud Peak wilderness in the Bighorn mountains in WY. Clear mountain air, beautiful views, a clear schedule, no heat & humidity, no cell phones, no covidiots, no protests...just hiking, fishing, and camping as far from civilization as we could get.

My oldest son, FIL, and I did an overnight hike to Lost Twin Lakes...absolutely gorgeous, and some great fishing.

Morning view from our overnight camp site:

And because my in-laws were along, my wife and I got to leave the kids with them and take a day hike up to Mistymoon lake, just the two of us. We did an overnight trip there last year, and the scenery is absolutely magnificent:

And a few of the neighbors:

August 11, 2020, 01:34 PM
P220 Smudge
Beautiful. That's where I want to live.

Thanks for posting. Smile

August 11, 2020, 01:59 PM
92fstech
quote:
That's where I want to live.

You and me both! If I could find employment, I'd be there.
August 11, 2020, 03:06 PM
BennerP220
Breath taking! Thank you sharing!
August 11, 2020, 04:49 PM
Jimbo54
Beautiful pics. Reminds me of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail in the north Cascades of Washington State. Some of the best memories in my life.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
August 11, 2020, 07:07 PM
mdblanton
Outstanding scenery! Thanks for posting, I’m going to have to put that location on my destination list.

Michael
August 11, 2020, 07:51 PM
Beautiful country. I haven't been there in many years and need to get back there.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.
August 11, 2020, 09:24 PM
flashguy
Very pretty. Unfortunately, my current physical condition is such that I can only enjoy it via others' photos.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
August 11, 2020, 10:13 PM
PCWyoming
Yes, the Big Horns are one of our best underrated areas.

PC
August 12, 2020, 08:56 PM
ersatzknarf
Thank you very much for sharing.

Absolutely beautiful.

Would love to go back to Wyoming, again.

Truly a magnificent place.

August 12, 2020, 10:22 PM
Dakor
One of these days I'll get there, but until then the shared photos are much appreciated.
August 14, 2020, 05:42 PM
92fstech
quote:
Yes, the Big Horns are one of our best underrated areas.

That's my favorite thing about them...most of the tourist types want to see Yellowstone and the Tetons, so they all go there and leave the Bighorns alone. Plus, the Bighorns are less accessible, so you have to work harder to access the good parts, which also helps keep the traffic down. The last few times we've been out there, it was predominantly locals and a few other out-of-state hikers. This time it was a little busier (I think the covid is driving more people to vacation outdoors), but still not too bad.
August 14, 2020, 05:44 PM
92fstech
quote:
Beautiful pics. Reminds me of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail in the north Cascades of Washington State. Some of the best memories in my life.

That's on my list to do someday (not the whole thing...I'm not that hardcore...but some sections)...I've heard it's fantastic!
August 14, 2020, 05:57 PM
MRBTX
Wow, beautiful.