SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Night Portrait "Football player"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night Portrait "Football player" Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
So my son had his first game on 8 September 2017, and I was able to get close to the field.

I got some action shots, but this shot of my son on the sideline (one of only a very few five minute breaks for him) really stood out to me due to his focus on the game.

Shot with Pentax K-1 and Sigma 50-500mm lens. No flash used.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shot!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Very nice shot

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Great shot under low light.

What ISO was it shot with?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

ISO 8000, 1/200 second, f: 6.7 @ 500mm focal length. I did have the image stabilization turned on.

Pentax has their image stabilization built into the body.

This was taken with the Pentax K-1 which is a full frame body as opposed to a crop sensor body.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

ISO 8000, 1/200 second, f: 6.7 @ 500mm focal length. I did have the image stabilization turned on.

Pentax has their image stabilization built into the body.

This was taken with the Pentax K-1 which is a full frame body as opposed to a crop sensor body.

That's impressive. I've been thinking about the Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 lens for my Nikon D5300.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Impressive. Technology has come a long way but there is non substitute for the trained eye.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post