SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Eagles on a cross
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagles on a cross Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Ran across these eagles this morning.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Great timing and wonderful pic.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I've seen one sitting up there before but never had my camera. Today coming home from Chick Fil A, I saw one soaring in circles around the cross. I went home, got my camera, came back, and there were two up there. We have a lot of eagles nesting around here. More than I've ever seen in years past.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Your welcome.

So more specifically, than your location in the "swamp", roughly where are you located to see that many eagles?

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Your welcome.

So more specifically, than your location in the "swamp", roughly where are you located to see that many eagles?

I live in southeast Virginia, a stone's throw away from the James River.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Ty. My daughter lives in Richmond VA.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
There's lots there, too.

Our street has at least one resident Bald Eagle, and then these two that live up the road. I see them with some frequency. Saw the one that hangs around out street get attacked by two Ospreys a couple of summers ago.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome pic Micropterus!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Did you use the new lens for that shot? If so, how far away were you? It came out great with very good clarity so I'm just curious.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Superb photograph!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Did you use the new lens for that shot? If so, how far away were you? It came out great with very good clarity so I'm just curious.

Jim

I did. And a 150-200 feet or so.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

I did. And a 150-200 feet or so.

That one shot makes the investment worth it than. I look forward to what you post next.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post