Eagles on a cross
Ran across these eagles this morning.

February 08, 2021, 09:18 AM
h2oys
Great timing and wonderful pic.
February 08, 2021, 09:27 AM
Micropterus
Thanks.

I've seen one sitting up there before but never had my camera. Today coming home from Chick Fil A, I saw one soaring in circles around the cross. I went home, got my camera, came back, and there were two up there. We have a lot of eagles nesting around here. More than I've ever seen in years past.

February 08, 2021, 10:41 AM
h2oys
Your welcome.

So more specifically, than your location in the "swamp", roughly where are you located to see that many eagles?
February 08, 2021, 10:51 AM
Micropterus
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Your welcome.

So more specifically, than your location in the "swamp", roughly where are you located to see that many eagles?

I live in southeast Virginia, a stone's throw away from the James River.

February 08, 2021, 11:10 AM
h2oys
Ty. My daughter lives in Richmond VA.
February 08, 2021, 11:49 AM
Micropterus
There's lots there, too.

Our street has at least one resident Bald Eagle, and then these two that live up the road. I see them with some frequency. Saw the one that hangs around out street get attacked by two Ospreys a couple of summers ago.

February 08, 2021, 04:22 PM
remsig
That is an awesome pic Micropterus!
February 08, 2021, 05:33 PM
Jimbo54
Did you use the new lens for that shot? If so, how far away were you? It came out great with very good clarity so I'm just curious.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
February 08, 2021, 06:09 PM
whododat
Superb photograph!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.
February 08, 2021, 07:39 PM
Micropterus
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Did you use the new lens for that shot? If so, how far away were you? It came out great with very good clarity so I'm just curious.

Jim

I did. And a 150-200 feet or so.

February 08, 2021, 10:02 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

I did. And a 150-200 feet or so.

That one shot makes the investment worth it than. I look forward to what you post next.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird