SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Fun Guns or My Anime Blaster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun Guns or My Anime Blaster Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
we all have our serious business guns. at least, i assume we do. i have carry guns, woods guns, home defense guns, etc. i have a favorite fun gun that i keep screwing around with. this project started out with a nice trigger job and snowballed into this beast. how many of us have just went crazy with a certain firearm for the fun of it? ignore the knife, i was using the HK for background in some of my knife shots.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

I would want a bit more than that if I came across a Xenomorph Queen. Maybe an Abrams. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
very true, but you gotta have an outrageous sidearm when going on a bug hunt i am actually thinking about doing a different cerakote finish on this one. as of now, it just has a subtle smoky distressed finish on the frame and the slide is a very reserved grey and black battleworn finish. i am very tempted to go all sniper grey battle worn finish with minor accents in orange or brilliant blue. just go all in with the futuristic cyberpunk look. what do ya think?

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The sniper grey battle worn sounds intriguing. Contrasting controls and accents would add a nice touch.

I would try mocking up the accents on a computer or paper cutouts before deciding on a final color.

I once happened upon a Desert Eagle that was done to look like the one Carlos had in Resident Evil. It was all of the parts minus the frame. Never found out if it was a commemorative or a fan project. Couldn't swing it at the time, but I found a guy to split the price down because he wanted the barrel. I wanted the rest. It would need a standard frame and a polished stainless barrel for me to put it back to the way it was. Some day...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, that is a good idea. i have a program for designing my knives and i could use that for this too. i was thinking something similar to my CyberSteyr, but with more accent stripes or even my logo along the slide. i will have to mock up a few designs on the old laptop soon. that might be a fun spring project. here is a shot of the infamous CyberSteyr i cerakoted a few years ago.

dozer

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
"Building Better Worlds"

It takes two weeks to get an answer out here and the answer is always, 'Don't ask'.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
can you tell that is one of my favorite movie franchises? here is my .300BLK pistol.

dozer

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:

NERD ALERT!!!! Weyland-Yutani issued the VP78 not the VP 9.

Alert over!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, but in my wild imagination, they have updated to the VP series since those movies were released. Big Grin when i started learning how to cerakote my knives, i used some of my guns as practice. some had to be redone a few times before i got my technique down. it was a lot of fun, though.

dozer

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Well, Vasquez had an ivory handled Smith and Wesson 39 as her sidearm and Hicks carried a sawed off Ithaca, so I assume the Colonial Marines have a fairly lax attitude towards personally owned weapons in theater.

I love those movies. Shame they only made two...

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Well, Vasquez had an ivory handled Smith and Wesson 39 as her sidearm and Hicks carried a sawed off Ithaca, so I assume the Colonial Marines have a fairly lax attitude towards personally owned weapons in theater.

I love those movies. Shame they only made two...

I too deny the existence of the other movies.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post