SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    .22s in the stable
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22s in the stable Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted

Looks like I've got room for a nice .22lr bolt.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Nice.
I wanted a new bolt 22lr too, and ended up with the Ruger Precision. Surprisingly good little rifle.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need a revolver and a bolt or other single shot.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely be picking up a bolt. Will look at the ruger precision, but also I'll look at which rifles I can get a cool stock for as a project.

A .22 revolver is also a good idea.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Nice collection. There is definitely room for a Bolt action and a revolver.

Like most folks I have the Ruger 10/22 (stock 1976 model) and a Mk II (5.5"). But the pride of my collection is my Anschutz 1712 Silhouette(which I waited 40years to afford; since I was 18) or my Weatherby Mark XXII (the Japanese one)

My two favorite revolvers are an 6" M-17 and a 4" Diamondback

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I'll definitely be picking up a bolt. Will look at the ruger precision, but also I'll look at which rifles I can get a cool stock for as a project.

A .22 revolver is also a good idea.

While not a .22, I recently picked up a Ruger 77/17 (.17 HMR) that I really like. I found the model I was looking for on GunBroker - stainless steel bull barrel with a lamenent wood stock. It is a great ground squirrel rifle. Even though it is out of production, I'm sure you could still find new examples in .22 LR or .22 Mag.

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A Tikka T1x is on my want list.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Nice -- I'm getting back into .22. I have a Nylon 66 and a Ruger Mark III 6-in bull barrel. My eyes are on the CZ 455 Military Trainer for a bolt .22 (and possibly .17 HMR swap-out barrel for S&G).

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection, Arc.

My grail gun for a .22 (or .17 HMR) would be the Ruger 77 series. They are beautifully made guns. The Lipsey's exclusive International version is particularly nice.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
The Ruger ten shot GP100 is an excellent revolver. Mine holds the X ring of a 25 yard bullseye target at 25 yards.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So what are you thinking Arc? Ruger Precision or something more everyday? Or more exotic, maybe an Anschutz ... Something older?

I'm sure you have something in mind, give us a clue!

By the way, nice little family you have there!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
The Ruger ten shot GP100 is an excellent revolver.

$829 for a .22 revolver?

Screw that! I'll keep shooting the Mk III that cost half that and does just fine. Killed a chipmunk with it just the other day at around 20 yards, first shot.

I've been known to piss away money like nobody's business, but...nope, I don't want a .22 revolver that bad.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
The Ruger ten shot GP100 is an excellent revolver.

$829 for a .22 revolver?

Screw that! I'll keep shooting the Mk III that cost half that and does just fine. Killed a chipmunk with it just the other day at around 20 yards, first shot.

I've been known to piss away money like nobody's business, but...nope, I don't want a .22 revolver that bad.

Street price is around $600. The S&W 617 is over $700. I got my GP 100 used with Speed Bee's for right around $500.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I like!

No pic, but my .22 collection consists of:

S&W 41
S&W 17
S&W 617
Marlin 39A
Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Wish I hadn't sold my old Stevens bolt action.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real nice collection. I don't see a CZ Kadet. You should add one.

I got the kit when I bought my 9mm SA and it's the most "real gun" feeling of all my 22lr guns. Very little time or hassle to switch out calibers. Highly recommended.

I need a 22 revolver as well. Planning on a Smith 617 next.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
CZ For affordable old world quality

Anschutz for more decadent old world quality

Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
This thread inspired me to break out the trusty Henry and murdalize some cans.

Thanks!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Big fan of .22s, you definitely need a revolver. I've got these:

Browning T-bolt 1971
Henry Golden Boy
CZ 452 American
S&W MP15-22
S&W Model 17

I need an Auto, thinking Buckmark.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
CZ For affordable old world quality

Anschutz for more decadent old world quality

Cool

I agree.

I have and am very happy with both...but they do feel very different when shouldered

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Love those .22s! Hey Arc: My S&W Model 17 and 617 and Colt Diamondback are only 4" barreled versions, but I'm hoping the wood will make up for that missing 2 inches you favor! Wink

Now that I'm moving to a free state and will have more time to enjoy shooting them, I need to start doing so!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post