SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    My first Colt and it’s a beauty.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first Colt and it’s a beauty. Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
I remember thinking 800 dollars for a Sig 220 Elite was a big purchase. I just blew past that number in order to bring one of my grails home. It’s manufacturing year was 1969 and it’s also all original. Not mint but just about as close as I’d like to come since I didn’t buy it to look at. I’ll get a quick range report up after I shoot it along with another photo or two. If anyone has any specific advice about wether or not or where to lubricate it please let me know. Thanks in advance, Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bripro,

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

She is beautiful.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
That is a GORGEOUS revolver...congrats on the purchase!

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a beauty!
Congrats!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
There’s just nothing quite like a Python, that’s a beauty, congrats!

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
What are you gonna buy with your right nut?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Colt. Congrats.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. If only I had bought one when I used drool over them as kid >35 years ago.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Gorgeous. If only I had bought one when I used drool over them as kid >35 years ago.

Michael

^
I used to watch Starsky and Hutch just for that 6 in Python.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. If Colt would only make them again.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Very nice. If Colt would only make them again.

I don't think they will ever be close to what they were.

Beautiful gun!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking and the positive comments. It shoots as good as it looks. I just have to get myself out of the habit of cocking the hammer for single action. These things are known for their double action.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You won't be disappointed!

Pythons, IIRC, were basically mass produced custom pistols. From my experience, probably the best out of the box trigger you can find.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
ive got the 4 inch Python Elite in bright stainless and I love it, but I liked my King Cobra a lil more but the Python had a much, much smoother trigger

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Most recent image of mine, a 6'er from 76'. Still in mint condition and one of my last holdouts. You have a real beauty there, here's to many more years of enjoyment to you. One of the few things I've done the last couple times I fired mine is to just use 38+ Super's. Just as accurate, tons of enjoyment for less cost. Though I mostly reloaded my .357 loads, in the end I just purchased the .38+'s. I did have my receipe for fairly tame .357 rds using blue dot powders I dialed in.

Good luck with that snake and look forward to any future range reports!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'm from the group that thinks the Python is the most beautiful handgun ever made. I have a 6" Blue, been in the family since new, love it but don't shoot it much anymore.

You'll love it, feels good, shoots great.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those guns are not beautiful at all, they are gorgeous. The Colt blued guns are such timeless pieces. I wish I could afford one. Congrats.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post