SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Good Omen for 2020
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Omen for 2020 Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

First thing I saw out the dining room window.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Definitely a good omen. They are beautiful birds.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your chickens just called , their opinion differs
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Speakin' of chickens...

I had a weasel (or possibly a marten, hard to tell from the picture) get into the coop and kill 10 of my 30 birds.

I'd been planning to move them to new quarters in the Spring anyway as the old coop was getting pretty run down and rotting out.

In the process of moving them, I either missed one, or one didn't like the new digs and flew over the fence. In any event, she was out wandering around the next day. Wilder than a coot, couldn't catch her in the daylight, couldn't find her at night.

I took that picture of the eagle across the road East of the house. That night, I found a pile of feathers in the 3-sided barn, West of the house, line of sight from where the eagle was perched.

Coincidence? I think not...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post