SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I got bored...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got bored... Login/Join 
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Yes you did.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
now do this

hockey pucks for the tires and half a soup can for the bucket

Spent a fun day in the groj coming up with a design and finding the various bits in my junk pile to build it. Pix in a day or two.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cute.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Here ya go, Bendable.

So. Got a bulldozer and a loader. I'm thinking I need a dump truck and a trailer...

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
i absolutely love these!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang! I guess that makes you the chairman of the bored...
Big Grin

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You must have a very interesting junk pile....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
You must have a very interesting junk pile....

flashguy

I've actually scrounged through dumpsters and transfer stations looking for interesting tidbits.

posted Hide Post
outstanding ! you win ! for 2018 !

if I had a mantel to put it on , I'd bid on it at auction

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Question: Is anyone interested in further posts in this vein or am I just wasting bandwidth?

I'm good either way, don't worry about hurting my feels.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I find them interesting.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Been enjoying the creativity.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
This is great stuff and I enjoy watching the creativity and skill.

I have always wanted to build (or restore, if I could find one) a triple expansion steam engine, but I don't have either the equipment or the skills.

Metal work fascinates me, and I have a soft spot for both toy equipment (original Tonka and Ertl kid) and American folk art, of which your work is a fine example.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I should put together a page on my website for this stuff, but for now:

This is the 1988 John Deere 750 I owned from new up until I moved up to a Kubota with a cab and several other creature comforts in 2015.

This is the Ertl model of a JD x50 series compact diesel. It has several minor discrepancies and I've stripped the paint and am correcting little things like the position of the radiator screens and steering wheel, correcting the exhaust, and repainting.

I'm also building brass replicas of the various bits of equipment I had for it:

The front end loader

The Pronovost 64 snowblower

And the Landpride bush hog. "Bush Hog" is actually a brand, the correct name is "rotary mower" known in some places as a "slasher".

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Done.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does that tractor actually have a pto sticking out ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
does that tractor actually have a pto sticking out ?

No, but it wouldn't be that hard to simulate. I originally intended to put a PTO shaft on the mower but got sidetracked and forgot.

posted Hide Post
Way cool stuff! Don't stop Big Grin

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like you are having fun with it.

Made an engine out of wire. Later I tried a truck, but only if I could out do the engine. Decided to do an airplane, but only if I could out do the truck. It took an amazing amount of wire to fold and bend into this:

Worked out the geometry where the tail wheel controls the landing gear retracting to and from the wings. Flaps are linked. Cantilever rods and lever geometry take a bit of trial and error. Don't think I can out do this one.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post