SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I got bored...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got bored... Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Ah, the little known "Nuthead" series, squeezed in between the flathead and panhead era. It was, I believe, about a 3 day stint....

I bent up a set of pipes for it the other day. "Loud Pipes Save Lives!" Razz
O, Good! It really needed some straight pipes!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 19886 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Looks like you are having fun with it.

Made an engine out of wire. Later I tried a truck, but only if I could out do the engine. Decided to do an airplane, but only if I could out do the truck. It took an amazing amount of wire to fold and bend into this:

Worked out the geometry where the tail wheel controls the landing gear retracting to and from the wings. Flaps are linked. Cantilever rods and lever geometry take a bit of trial and error. Don't think I can out do this one.

Whoa! Now THAT is cool! I may have to try my hand at that next Winter.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 10533 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thanks man. That 750 of yours is awesome!

It took an insane amount of wire. Had to figure out the radius of each fulcrum and cantilever. I had hoped to have the canopy open when the wheels were down, but it took about a month to get as far as I did. By then, I was glad to get it over with. As a reference of scale, the cap for the cowl is from a Dr. Pepper bottle. Made it so if any additional adjustments were needed I can unscrew the cap and take the top half off. Made sure not to look at planes so I wouldn't try to change things as I went. First I thought about covering it with tape or something, then realized it just wouldn't do justice to all the swear words it took to put this together. Plus all the times I made engine noises 'flying' this thing as it neared completion. Big Grin Sorry about the jumbo pics...

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2838 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post