SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Valley of Fire - Nevada
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valley of Fire - Nevada Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Some shots from recent Vegas trip, spent a day playing in the sand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
How was it? Worth the trip from vegas? We went to UT this year and had planned to stop by for a day on the way back. But was too tired and deferred to a future trip. Is it “make plans for it” or more “if you’re staying in the area, try to visit” type of place?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. Looks like a great time.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
How was it? Worth the trip from vegas? We went to UT this year and had planned to stop by for a day on the way back. But was too tired and deferred to a future trip. Is it “make plans for it” or more “if you’re staying in the area, try to visit” type of place?

Absolutely worth the hour drive from Vegas. It isn't a huge park, so unless you are into camping and hiking I don't know that it would be something you want to make a special trip for. The sand is about the consistency of popcorn salt, so difficult to trudge through for a fat old guy like me. I didn't wander too far from the road.

Lots of trails and areas to explore for those in better shape though. I spent about 4 hours total at the park so six hour round trip from the strip.

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
job well done

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
beautiful pics. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great photos!!! Clear as a bell!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

Definitely worth the drive if your in Vegas. Would I make a trip to Vegas just for it unlikely but I would plan it into a trip.

I have used Vegas as a home base to visit a few places out that way before and defiantly made Valley of Fire part of the trip. For an East Coast guy I just don't see that kind of nature often.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Very nice shots!

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool, and nice photos! We drove by there a few years back on our way back from CA, and wanted to stop but the car was acting up (turned out to just be a faulty wire leading to the oil pressure sensor, but concerns of getting stranded in the middle of the desert in July kept us on the highway), so we opted to leave it until next time. If I ever get back out that way I've gotta check that place out, and Hoover Dam.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My mom lives midway between Vegas & St George, so we've taken the scenic route on 167 instead of the easy route up 15.

Wouldn't mind that drive in a sporty car instead of a F350.

Nice photos.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pictures

_________

Posts: 580 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
Loved the pictures!!

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the comments