SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Greetings from Illinois - New Gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from Illinois - New Gun Login/Join 
Picture of Laity1
posted
I'm here because I just bought a Sig P229 (E29R-9-LEGION) and have already benefited from answers to questions I had. Maybe 2200 rounds shot?

Sixty-something widower with five wedlock-born kids, all moved out except for one. She wants a pink gun for her 16th birthday.

I have a 1948 Winchester model 12 shotgun from my grandfather and a couple of (1930s?) old single shot 22 rimfire rifles. I'm not a big gun guy... yet... lol.

I don't own other pistols and have no immediate intent to get another except for maybe one for my youngest daughter. I do wanna learn the pistol I've got inside-out. I am thinking about getting a rifle , maybe something like a Colt LE6920/40/44.

Illinois sucks. A lot! My work holds me here. I plan to retire in the upper peninsula of Michigan (which I hope will stay better than Illinois).

Posts: 16 | Location: Chicago | Registered: March 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the South Side.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 5827 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Laity1
posted Hide Post
I'm from South Shore, Woodlawn, Roseland..
Dolton, Riverdale, Harvey, Calumet City
Now west suburbs

Posts: 16 | Location: Chicago | Registered: March 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im a little younger than you.
However, The family is from South Shore.
82nd and Anthony
79th and Colefax
(Grandfather had a store on 83rd and Saginaw)

I lived in Riverdale, then to Calumet City. The family "had to" move back into the City about 1980. I'm still in the city. Beverly/Mt Greenwood area.

I worked in Roseland for about 10 years.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 5827 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome from the quad sillies

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 48640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Southern Illinois!

Posts: 187 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nothing starts a grin going like half inch bullets.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 4791 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin

Posts: 549 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the NW side of Chicago. If you carry, it would be smart to abide by the Cook County 10- round maximum magazine capacity restriction.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol and CCW Instructor, Firearms Expert Witness - Fraternal Order of Police
*****************************************************************************************************
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 87 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post