SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New from CA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New from CA Login/Join 
posted
In teaching gun safety, I keep finding more things I love about my Sigs. Ease of field strip, sights, DA/SA, and on and on.
Now I'm hunting to find out if the same split pins will go in my 220, 239, 226?

Posts: 3 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: October 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes these are quality firearms, no doubt about that...

Can you elaborate on what you like about them? Do you prefer one model over another? Thanks.

Enjoying any firearm is like staying happily married- take her out on a regular basis, treat her with respect and pay attention to proper maintenance.

Posts: 3 | Location: Limburg | Registered: October 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't badmouth any guns - I'm not knowledgeable enough. But one of my students rushed out and bought a Glock 19 (a fine gun). Now she's having trouble field stripping it to clean (meaning she doesn't clean it very often). She also can't get her mag open, meaning it's filthy.
She's worried about my DA/SA, but I told her that my initial DA is my first safety. I have to mean it when I pull that one.
The list goes on. But her weapon is definitely reliable, and it cost her a bit less. Hmmm.

Posts: 3 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: October 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I'm trying to figure out if the two split pins (roll pins) are the same in 220/226/239.

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello. I think that the pins are the same with the P220 and the P226, however the P239 uses a different pin altogether.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2314 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from a CA native here, long-time and current resident of 'Bama.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5318 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the Forum from a SoCal Member!

I suggest you post your question in the "Sig Armorer" section of SigForum.

One of the guys has a pic of the different types of pins used by Sig.

It's not only a question of which model you are asking about in terms of pins. Different pins were used over the years in the same model pistol.

This might help you...
www.GrayGuns.com/product/sig-sauer-slide-positioning-pins/

GrayGuns is one of the top Sig Gunsmith companies in the Nation. Bruce Gray and several of his Team are SigForum members.

My Photobucket albums:

1978 Browning BDA .45cal (aka Sig P220 with European Magazine Release):
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...Cal%20aka%20SigP220/

1986 SigSauer P226 with Mud Rails and Full NP3:
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...bar%20NP3%20Coating/

Winchester 1897 WW1 Trenchgun:
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...h%20Gun%2012%20Gage/

Posts: 2332 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post