SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from the Netherlands- Which do you prefer? Sig P210-5 or the P210-6 ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from the Netherlands- Which do you prefer? Sig P210-5 or the P210-6 ?? Login/Join 
posted
Hi All,

I am new here to this forum, but not new to firearms-- I live in the Netherlands, but am originally American. I have an interest in WWI and WWII handguns, and have several pistols from these periods.

However, I have been looking for a quality competition match pistol, and have discovered the Sig 210 series. I have a decision to make.. namely between a Sig P210-5 (extended barrel) on consignment and a Sig P210-6 from a private seller.

Any feedback on which firearm you experts would choose would be most welcome! A few details:

Sig P210-5- well used, a lot of scratches and other marks of use (not abuse) with 4 mags. No sight adjustment tool (which I am not happy about).
Advantages: at an LGS just up the road, any problems I can contact them. I know them, have bought ammo and accessories earlier. Price is $1410 with original box SN P 304954
Disadvantages - well used!! and, I frankly do not like the extended barrel. This means I cannot remove the barrel from the slide for cleaning. Unlikely that the 150 mm barrel is THAT much more accurate. No sight removal tool

Sig P210-6- private seller, photos indicate much better condition. SN P 308049 price $1470
Includes 2 mags, original box (better condition than that of the -05) the instruction book and loading tool
Advantages: better condition, with beaver tail, and loading tool. No need for a sight sdjustment tool to remove barrel from slide. Much prefer the standard 120 mm barrel.
Disadvantages: private seller 2,5 hours from here by car. if problems, no backup LGS like the -5.

I would appreciate your comments, Sig experts!!
Thanks very much in advance Smile

Enjoying any firearm is like staying happily married- take her out on a regular basis, treat her with respect and pay attention to proper maintenance.

Posts: 3 | Location: Limburg | Registered: October 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't say I've had the privilege of handling either of these firearms, but by the way your description sounds, it seems like the extra 2+ hours in the road and the extra $60 would be worth it.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2314 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh thank you Smile

Enjoying any firearm is like staying happily married- take her out on a regular basis, treat her with respect and pay attention to proper maintenance.

Posts: 3 | Location: Limburg | Registered: October 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard! I've not owned a 210, but a family member brought one with him on a brief visit. We didn't get to go shooting, but I was very impressed with the gun - seemed graceful yet solid as a tank all at once.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5318 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rshaw:
Ahh thank you Smile

Yes sir, now let us know how it turns out. Thanks.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2314 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Post your question in the Pistol's forum and you'll get more responses.

Posts: 2051 | Location: State of Corruption | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8992 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post