SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from Boston
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Boston Login/Join 
Picture of SiggiGirl
posted
I just finished my 101 and 102 firearm classes at SIG SAUER Academy in NH!

My father was a doctor and was totally against any weapons - I mean I could not use a cap gun!

I wanted to take a gun class because I hate being afraid of anything and I was terrified of firearms. The discipline, routine and concentration that it took to fire a weapon really appeals to me.

I look forward to taking more classes at the Academy and eventually owning a firearm.

Ideally, I would love to learn how to skeet shot.

Posts: 21 | Location: Boston | Registered: October 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Smile

Posts: 3660 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! I have friends who have a similar history/path such as yours and they are loving the shooting sports.

Posts: 4303 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 644 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Welcome no better forum than this.

Posts: 1518 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

It is good that you are willing to appreciate and learn more along the way.

As for me, I can say that a P220 or P226 are very good. I even bought extras just to make sure. Big Grin

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6009 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Posts: 21 | Location: Boston | Registered: October 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
Welcome to the forum! I have friends who have a similar history/path such as yours and they are loving the shooting sports.
Smile

Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Welcome to the forum!

It is good that you are willing to appreciate and learn more along the way.

As for me, I can say that a P220 or P226 are very good. I even bought extras just to make sure. Big Grin
Smile

Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
Welcome!
Smile

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Getting on my soap box for a moment...far too many new shooters "put the cart before the horse", they get far too wrapped up in the guns 'n' gear aspects of shooting (what mfr, what model, which holster etc..) and then go cheap by trying to figure out how to shoot whatever they just bought on their own. Often, it turns out that what felt good in their hands at the store didn't really work for them...and in the process of trying to teach themselves how to shoot, they ingrain bad techniques and bad habits, and then it takes even more money and time to have to unlearn them and then learn the correct techniques.

Shooting a gun, turning money into noise, is easy, and almost any fool can pull a trigger and make a bang while dirt goes flying... however, shooting a gun consistently safely and proficiently is not easy, so good on ya for taking the time to seek out not cheap instruction, but quality instruction.

Way to go on making a good decision...and welcome to the forum! Smile

Never been to Boston, and while I have no desire to live there, I sure would like to see that historic city someday.

Posts: 5537 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the NH Seacoast. Sure is nice having the Pro Shop and Academy just a short drive away. Have you looked at joining any of the local clubs?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2033 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Welcome from a former MA resident; born and raised there...still own property there.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 35391 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Getting on my soap box for a moment...far too many new shooters "put the cart before the horse", they get far too wrapped up in the guns 'n' gear aspects of shooting (what mfr, what model, which holster etc..) and then go cheap by trying to figure out how to shoot whatever they just bought on their own. Often, it turns out that what felt good in their hands at the store didn't really work for them...and in the process of trying to teach themselves how to shoot, they ingrain bad techniques and bad habits, and then it takes even more money and time to have to unlearn them and then learn the correct techniques.

Shooting a gun, turning money into noise, is easy, and almost any fool can pull a trigger and make a bang while dirt goes flying... however, shooting a gun consistently safely and proficiently is not easy, so good on ya for taking the time to seek out not cheap instruction, but quality instruction.

Way to go on making a good decision...and welcome to the forum! Smile

Never been to Boston, and while I have no desire to live there, I sure would like to see that historic city someday.

There was no way I was going to handle a gun without proper lessons. Thanks for the welcome! I live just north of Boston. Had to look up "centennial state." I love Boulder and Vail, where I learned to ski.

Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Welcome from the NH Seacoast. Sure is nice having the Pro Shop and Academy just a short drive away. Have you looked at joining any of the local clubs?

Yes, being within an hour of Sig Academy is the best!

I am looking into a gun club because I want to shot consistently and get better. Suggestions?

Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Welcome from a former MA resident; born and raised there...still own property there.
Smile

posted Hide Post
Welcome. What's stopping you from owning a firearm now or in the near future?

Posts: 1916 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. A wealth of information on this site.

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Welcome. What's stopping you from owning a firearm now or in the near future?

Well, I see that you are from Texas. Here in Mass, we need a firearm license and that is taking about 3-4 months. I can't buy one with out that paper.

Once that process is completed, I hope to buy a Sig 320.