SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hi from Key West!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi from Key West! Login/Join 
Picture of YukonCornelius
posted
Just traded in my big Springfield 1911 for this absolutely killer 938. The perfect concealed carry for me since I'm a lefty and I was intimately familiar with the 1911 layout. This is the nicest modern firearm I've owned and am making no modifications at sll. I got the SAS version, with rounded corners. It disappears in an in waistband holster. In also took the Florida ccw class and let me tell you, having never actually discharged a firearm at someone, the simunition drill was eye opening.

I have a lot of interests including antique firearms. I have several civil war era confederate firearms that I inherited from my great uncle, as well as a Belgian Browning Auto 5.

Thanks for having me!

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5

Posts: 7 | Location: Key West, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Hope you are all squared away after Irma. I lived/worked in KW for about a year in 2005-6.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2448 | Location: Danger Semicircle, FL/GOM | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from South Carolina.

Posts: 1374 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from 'Bama!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5332 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much guys! Things in KW are great overall considering. The lower keys from Marathon to the Naval air station not so much. We feel very lucky. But there are some very sketchy people in town now and the full size springfield 1911 was way too big as a CCW. I looked at the Glock 43, the SW Shield and the Springfield XD-s and I tripped across the Sig P938 at the range, and it is standard deviations better than the other guns, at least for me, because I'm lefty, it's a full metal frame with a lifetime warranty, and is laid out just like a 1911 with which I was intimately familiar. So, I'm a happy camper!

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5

Posts: 7 | Location: Key West, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Glad to have you aboard!

How are the chickens?

Mrs.BurtonRW and I spent a week in the Keys in mid-August (just in time, as it turns out) and aside from the people, she was most worried about Hemmingway's cats and the chickens.

We know the cats are okay, but how is the local chicken population doing?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 14481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The chickens did surprisingly well. A hen and about six chicks hid under my house unscathed.

I live directly across the street from the Hemingway House and there were at least fifty cats there that were fine, along with about fifteen staff members. They lost a bunch of Poinciana trees that had been there for many years, but the house was luckily untouched.

Here's a photo of the P938 SAS in my fingerprint safe:

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5

posted Hide Post
Here's another question: Looking to get rid of the iguanas in the yard. any recommendations on the airguns that Sig offers?

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5

Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin.

Posts: 284 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet looking P938 you have there.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2326 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YukonCornelius:
Here's another question: Looking to get rid of the iguanas in the yard. any recommendations on the airguns that Sig offers?

You might want to take a look at the FL Game and Fish laws. Here in AZ, at least, for taking game, an airgun is considered the same as a powder charged rifle/handgun. So, if it is legal to shoot it, why not just use something like a Ruger 10/22? I used to use a Beeman spring piston air rifle in .22 caliber, but it is darn near as loud as the 10/22 I now use. And welcome to our fine forum.

Posts: 7167 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iguana's are an invasive species and considered a free for all when it comes to dispatching them. Also legal to shoot an airgun in cities in FL as long as it's a safe manner.

Crossman makes a .22 air gun pistol that is a pump, that should be plenty for them. It's quieter than a spring loaded and it's not as obvious as carrying a rifle around your yard.

Posts: 14725 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
Are you going to have a Sig Forum shoot this winter?? Smile

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 20869 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8997 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Do you have any Burrowing Owl habitat in your area?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 29997 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Daytona Beach!

Posts: 18 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! The iguanas are fair game even in the city, straight from the Sheriff's mouth. The chickens, on the other hand, not so much. But my terrier has offed enough to keep them out of my yard.

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5