SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New Guy in VA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Guy in VA Login/Join 
posted
Bought my first Sig Tuesday - a P238. The overall purchase and this particular selection was all about Philosophy of Use, as the NutnFancy Project puts it. MY inconsistency in concealed carry was connected directly to the weight of the pistols I've tried to carry and my concern over printing. Looking at the newest crop of .380 ammo, I decided to follow the mantra that it's better to have something and be good with it than to have nothing at all.
I tried every micro 9mm and .380 on the market after giving up on my Taurus TCP, which bites the web between my thumb and forefinger like a vampire in desperate need of a fix. All of micro-9's, including the P938 were too difficult to keep on the target well enough during a triple tap for my tastes. The P238 just worked for me from the start. YMMV.

Personal and family defense is not only a right, it is an obligation.

Posts: 4 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy it.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1920 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
In before fyimo! He welcomes you from Arkansas btw Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totus Tuus

Posts: 4268 | Location: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, neighbor!

Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."

Posts: 7610 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from WV, this is a nice place to gather info.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 785 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from NW Indiana

Posts: 413 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum

Posts: 155 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9026 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Welcome from NW Fla.

Posts: 821 | Location: NW Fl | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from NoVA!

You MATTER. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared. Then you ENERGY.

Posts: 6723 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Richmond.

Posts: 2446 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Another greetings from LoCo in NoVa!

Don't believe everything you think.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 600 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2460 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! 

Posts: 92 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Howdy fellow Commonwealther!

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 10450 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post