SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from SE Michigan!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from SE Michigan! Login/Join 
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted
Been lurking for a while. Learned a lot about these great West German Sigs. See you on the board!

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 7 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from the downriver area.

Posts: 11567 | Location: MI | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
A nice pair. Welcome from Wisconsin.

Posts: 441 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 7 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Grayling,grew up in Gibraltar.

Jim

Posts: 976 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Former Michigander here.

---------------------------------
- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 8581 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum from a former Ann Arborer. Great pic of a couple of classics.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 34791 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet looking '84 9mm you have there!

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3749 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Sweet looking '84 9mm you have there!

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Thanks!
I was blown away by the light weight and balance for a full size pistol.
Did the SRT and new springs (18# main) and it’s a lazer beam!
Equals or betters my early Smith 39-2s.

—————————————————-

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool.

The SRT kit does wonders.

Mine also has a solid guide rod and aluminum grips.

Posts: 3749 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
Nice one, very clean!
I’m on the lookout for some surplus grips like the ones pictured to complete the battle worn look.

—————————————————-

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That does look cool.

I dug around the parts box thinking I had some like those. Guess I gave them away already.

Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking!
The backstrap checkering is pretty cool on those.
If I don’t have any luck finding a real pair I’ll probably buy a set of those weird thailand grips on fleabay and distress them myself.

—————————————————-

Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9113 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alinc100
posted Hide Post
welcome from Dearborn!!

Posts: 373 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you stopped lurking and made it official Wink

Welcome to the "Signess," from Downriver! Big Grin

Frank

Dogs are gifts from God, full of love. Save a life, adopt!

…and God made dogs, and it was very good, and God said: “I’m gonna have to have all of these back.” Genesis 1, gospel according to Mr. Monkey ✡

NRA Benefactor (Aug. 2018) Big Grin

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです!

Posts: 3133 | Location: too near debt-riot, mitch-e-gan | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast.

Posts: 36 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Glad to hear that you stopped lurking and made it official Wink

Welcome to the "Signess," from Downriver! Big Grin

Thanks!
A few of us Downriver Rats here! I can still smell the sewage treatment plant at the south end of Wyandotte. Lol.

—————————————————-

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the Forum from a former Michigander. Born at Seaway Hospital over half a century ago. Grew up in Mid-Michigan before moving down to Southgate for a while before settling down in Jawjah by way of North Carolina.
I do miss holding up my right hand and pointing with my left index finger saying "right about here".
Strohs beer, Vernors, Lafayette Coney, and Kogels are missed. Potholes, freezing wet slush, and that Zug Island smell not so much.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9805 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
....that Zug Island smell not so much.

I know that feel. Grew up between Maclouth in Trenton and Great Lakes in Rouge. Watched the sky glow every time they poured.

Thanks!

—————————————————-