SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    new guy from eastern pa
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new guy from eastern pa Login/Join 
posted
hey all ,,Dave here from historic Bucks county Pa,, Not new to shooting but i have not got the guns out in a long time until recently ,, Got em all cleaned up and bought a few traded a few and joined an outdoor range Pretty much just handgun shooting at present << Im not great shot but i like getting out there Currently have S=W j frame ,Ruger 1911. A Makarov9x18 and just added a police traded sig p226 ,, I put 100 rounds of 40cal thru it the other day and i like shooting it as much as the 1911 It feels like quality . I am not expert but it looks well manitained and not much wear on the inards with usual scuffs from holster wear .Its my first double stack..Would have got 9mm but the deals seem to be on the 40 cal at my favorite surplus store. Oh wait this is supposed to be introduction about me right ? Im a retired union ironworker thats enjoying doing what ever i please . Ive been retired 6 years and just love grandkids, family, a little freshwater fishing .reading and guns , Look foward to chatting with you and of course learning stuff here Thanks for accepting me into your group !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: daveinbucksco,

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 659 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Welcome and feel free to talk about your weapons anytime!

Nowhere to go but all day to get there

Posts: 195 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from S/W PA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1583 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Hello from Montco.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5070 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello. I am a retired Union Ironworker also.

Posts: 481 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6023 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
Welcome and feel free to talk about your weapons anytime!
OK NMDave ,, i have four handguns a S=W 642 a great pocket carry but only 5 shots A new ruger SR1911 Long time since ive owned a 1911 i almost forgot how sweet they are .. Recently traded for police surplus Sig 226 40 cal and Glock 22 which is also 40 cal Minimal wear and they both shoot good .. Looking to aquire a baby glock to add to my j-frame for CC.. Thanks for asking and thanks for welcome

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Thanks 38supersig

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
Hey Ironworker When you say Nva are you meaning DC area? I worked there about 85-86 it was very busy Hope you are enjoying retirement as much as i do Thanks for the welcome

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Hello from Montco.
Hey MRMATT my neighbor
thanks for your welcome

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome ifithitu !!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Welcome to the forum from S/W PA.
Thanks Orive8 my fellow Pennsylvainian !

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
Welcome!
thanks 19tass !!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daveinbucksco:
quote:
Hey Ironworker When you say Nva are you meaning DC area? I worked there about 85-86 it was very busy Hope you are enjoying retirement as much as i do Thanks for the welcome

Do you remember who you worked for? We had a lot of boomers back then. D.C frequently has work when no one else does.

Posts: 481 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I worked a few blocks from the US capital blding where the trains come in for a guy named "Steamboat" putting in mezanine steel for a shopping center underground A guy named Tommy Trigger also Worked Tyson Corner area forv Harmon Glass too

Do you remember who you worked for? We had a lot of boomers back then. D.C frequently has work when no one else does.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I worked a few blocks from the US capital blding where the trains come in for a guy named "Steamboat" putting in mezanine steel for a shopping center underground A guy named Tommy Trigger also Worked Tyson Corner area forv Harmon Glass too

The train station is Union Station. Steamboat just passed. I also worked for Harmon, but never around Tyson's Corner.

posted Hide Post
RIP Mr Steamboat !

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Have a great trip around the forum, plenty of awesome, useful and great people!

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 131 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post