SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Newbie from IL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie from IL Login/Join 
Picture of JeffDVC
posted
Hey all. New to shooting. New gun owner. I can tell right away this place will be a fun and informative hangout.

I can't believe I waited 58 years to start shooting, but I'm loving it and can't wait to learn more and gain experience and confidence.

I've had 3 lessons so far and I've met some great people and excellent instructors.
Second Ammendment Sports in McHenry IL
Maxon's in Des Plaines IL
The Alamo in Naples FL

My tools so far:
Sig Saur P320
Glock 19

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 21 | Location: Illinois / SW FL | Registered: October 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from a neighbor to the west. Feel free to talk about all models of guns, not just Sigs. I too have a 320 (issued duty gun) and G-19 (my own) plus "a few" others.

Posts: 11721 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from NW Indiana- Hope you enjoy shooting sport and Congrats on your SIG P320 purchase--Be Safe

Posts: 325 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from South Carolina.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8903 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool. Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 1932 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome from Ms

Posts: 246 | Location: South Ms | Registered: June 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from PA!

Posts: 2983 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Second Amendment in McHenry is an excellent range.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 70 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bendable
posted Hide Post
welcome

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 43169 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
If McHenry and Des Plaines are in your area, then you aren't too far away.

Keep an eye out for the semi-annual Wisconsin SigForum shoots. A great time is had by all! There are guys that regularly come from IL & MN, and we've had guests from MI and AZ as well.

It's an open invite, and worth it. Check the Local shoots & competition section for pictures from the last one. The steaks for lunch at the range are most excellent, courtesy of mkueffer.

Welcome!

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

Posts: 15022 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post