SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello folks from Bedford County Virginia...

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hello folks from Bedford County Virginia... Login/Join 
posted
Love Sigs and have gotten away from them and have decided to come home. Have owned P220 elite, P220 equinox, and loved both of them very much. Looking to sell an S&W 45ACP M&P with crimson trace laser and buy a P226 MK25 if I can find one LOL! I am a musician, photographer, chef, computer builder, husband and father of one and working on 63! I also hold an EXTRA class amateur radio ticket in Virginia and love meeting and learning from people about things I know nothing about so I can help always improving my life and my familys. I still have a lot to learn at 63 and hope I never stop learning because I never want to stay in one place when it comes to making my life better and my family and friends around me. Thank you to the owners and moderators of the Sig forum for allowing me to be a part of your group and community. I especially look forward to hearing from those that know about and have owned or own the P226 MK25. I have not shot one yet but had it in my hand and it fits like a glove! It will be used as a home defense weapon when not shooting and carry because of its smaller size. I love to shoot when I have time and the 9MM will go great with the other 9MM guns in the house.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 72Hokiemonster:
Love Sigs and have gotten away from them and have decided to come home. Have owned P220 elite, P220 equinox, and loved both of them very much. Looking to sell an S&W 45ACP M&P with crimson trace laser and buy a P226 MK25 if I can find one LOL! I am a musician, photographer, chef, computer builder, husband and father of one and working on 63! I also hold an EXTRA class amateur radio ticket in Virginia and love meeting and learning from people about things I know nothing about so I can help by always improving my life and my familys. I still have a lot to learn at almost 63 and hope I never stop because I never want to stay in one place when it comes to making my life better and my family and friends around me. Thank you to the owners and moderators of the Sig forum for allowing me to be a part of your group and community. I especially look forward to hearing from those that know about and have owned or own the P226 MK25. I have not shot one yet but had it in my hand and it fits like a glove! It will be used as a home defense weapon when not shooting and carry because of its smaller size. I love to shoot when I have time and the 9MM will go great with the other 9MM guns in the house.

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and hope I never stop learning because I never want to stay in one place when it comes to making my life better and my family and friends around me...

Dude. That is awesome no matter your age or what kind of guns you have!

I wasn't in the market for a P226 until I happened upon one I couldn't live without. I had a weak moment and it just HAD to come home with me. Big Grin

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8957 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Southern California.

Posts: 137 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Farmville, Va.

Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy it.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1907 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ohio. Have sigs just not that one.
We have lots in common.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1337 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
...and hope I never stop learning because I never want to stay in one place when it comes to making my life better and my family and friends around me...

It's not nice to call the old guy "Dude". Razz

Posts: 12601 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

It's not nice to call the old guy "Dude". Razz

Okay dude.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Howdy Hokiemonster! I am a Radford grad, spent many an evening in Blacksburg. You also live in one of my most favored places to visit. Blue Ridge Pkwy is awesome, Smith Mountain Lake is awesome, and the National D-Day Memorial is something everyone should see at least once in their lives.

I've never had a MK25, but as far as 226's go, there's nothing I rather have than a Legion.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9227 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
It's not nice to call the old guy "Dude".

So maybe it's not nice to call him old, either? Razz

72Hokiemonster: Welcome, neighbor!

Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."

Posts: 7214 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy it.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1907 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Hokiemonster!
I don't know where Bedford County is, being a recent transplant to Virginia from the "Left Coast" (Oregon). My wife and I moved to Manassas Park, VA to be closer to family. I'm also an extra class ham of some years and an ardent CW fan. I'm also an ex Air Traffic Controller, and an ex air taxi pilot.
Your choice of a 226 is right on; I have had a 226 Navy for some time, and think it is one of SIGs best guns. It has been my bedside gun for quite a while.
I just applied to join the local radio club last week (W4OVH - "Ole Virginia Hams" Smile ) and I'm looking for a local gun club with a good pistol range!
Again, welcome to the forum!

Pilotka
NRA Lifer and ARRL Lifer

Posts: 46 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pilotka:
Welcome Hokiemonster!
I don't know where Bedford County is, being a recent transplant to Virginia from the "Left Coast" (Oregon). My wife and I moved to Manassas Park, VA to be closer to family. I'm also an extra class ham of some years and an ardent CW fan. I'm also an ex Air Traffic Controller, and an ex air taxi pilot.
Your choice of a 226 is right on; I have had a 226 Navy for some time, and think it is one of SIGs best guns. It has been my bedside gun for quite a while.
I just applied to join the local radio club last week (W4OVH - "Ole Virginia Hams" Smile ) and I'm looking for a local gun club with a good pistol range!
Again, welcome to the forum!

Pilotka
NRA Lifer and ARRL Lifer

Fairfax Rod & Reel is very close to Manassas Park. It's a very nice club and pretty pricy, not sure on the wait list. NVGC is in Fredricksburg/King George area and much cheaper, probably 1-2 year wait. Either way you will need a referral to join. There are a couple Issac Waltons around here, no info on costs or wait lists.

Bedford is beautiful, take a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway, best road in VA and see the National D-Day Memorial I mentioned above.

Welcome to VA!

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9227 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesse;
Thanks very much for the welcome.
I think we are feeling good about Virginia. This isn't our first visit, having been here a number of times.
I Have been to the D-Day Memorial you mentioned when visiting my son and family i Roanoke; I would recommend it to everyone.
Thanks also for the info on gun clubs, as it gives me place to start.
Thanks again and cheers!
Pilotka

Posts: 46 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Grandfather was born and raised in Forest Virginia. I have a General Class license but haven't been active the last 5 years or so.