SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    It's like old times...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's like old times... Login/Join 
posted
It's been a while. Not sure if you all remember me...

I used to post here on the forum as 'soggy_spinout'. Mostly in the pistol forum. Even posted enough over the decade or so to almost get to 9000 posts.

Then some time back I went and bricked my account. Thoroughly of my own doing. When I discovered that the email address I used to create my old account was killed off by the service provider (for lack of use, apparently; I never did get a reason for that out of them), I got the bright idea of updating that dead thing with a new address here on the forum. So I created myself another email account with that provider and tried to revise my info here on SIGForum.

Bad move.

I will say that it did an excellent job of locking me out. I'd forgotten that free email accounts were verboten. Sorry about that, Para; that's on me. I had to think of another way to get back to where I was, but no such luck. I couldn't find any way to contact the moderators, at least one that worked. I did have a few email address of members that I suppose that I could've asked--or begged, more appropriately Wink.

But this was my problem, one that I should probably take care of myself. Then life got in the way. First and foremost was all of the BS anti-gun crap that WA state was imposing and wreaking havoc on our shop. Concurrently issues with other family members were taking up any free time I might've had. But I still thought of you guys, and would occasionally visit if only to lurk. I will admit that it did hurt that I couldn't add my 2 Lincolns from time to time, but I somehow survived.

Now months later I finally remembered that when I signed up with my current internet provider that they owed us at least one email account. So I got one that satisfied the 'no freebie' rule. Then life again got in the way. Weeks later I of course forgot what the new address was, and naturally the password as well. So I put it off until I could find time, which naturally didn't happen in any sort of timely manner. Gun sales were crazy busy since last holiday season and only picked up steam when 'The Pandemic' hit full stride. Then the shutdown came, and because of my own preexisting health conditions, I got shut down.

Then after scrambling to get ourselves settled and getting MOST of that taken care of, last week in the midst of this insane times the cobwebs upstairs finally cleared and I took the time to complete things that I had left hanging, including re-upping here. I contact the ISP, get my email address (which I know that I'll never use, since for better or worse I live and breathe Gmail these days), reset my password and signed up here on the forum for a new account.

So this time around I'm 'monoblok', which is a play on my email address, and is a reference back to my old hi-fi gearhead days. Sure I could've used 'soggy_spinout2' as the new callsign, but that seemed rather unimaginative. Plus I didn't want to leave a continuing impression that every time it rains I end up punting my ride. I think I'm better than that Big Grin.

Now some unfinished business: since this event happened at the same time that I bricked my account here, I never got a chance to publicly thank Q for my winning his Aimpoint karma. Somehow we still managed to connect via an alt email account, and I'm appreciative for his efforts in this regard. It's a nice optic, if a little big. Originally I was going to gift it to one of my nephews, but he decided that he liked my H-1 better, and since I don't have a son of my own I gave that to him instead. The karma unit now resides on one of my AR pistols and does a pretty good job of doing its thing. Thanks again, 12131. You continue to be The Man.

Anyways...enough typing. Glad to be back.

- MG

-MG

Posts: 69 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
welcome back

Posts: 7123 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the forum.

Maybe it won't be another ten years before you can get back to that throttle induced oversteer. Wink

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5537 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post

Posts: 627 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Posts: 432 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Maybe it won't be another ten years before you can get back to that throttle induced oversteer. Wink

Yeah, I kinda miss that CUT. Toughest thing so far is remembering NOT to type 'soggy_spinout' when logging in. Already caught myself a couple of times.

-MG

-MG

Posts: 69 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, but you should’ve gone with “soggy_spinout2”. Smile

—————————
My rights do not end where your fear and/or selfishness begins.

Posts: 2953 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

I was born by the river,like the river I been running every since,I know a change gonna come.Sam Cooke

USMC RVN Veteran,
0311 grunt 68-69.

Posts: 174 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post