SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hi from the Woodlands, TX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi from the Woodlands, TX Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a nice West German P226 a week ago and learning more and more about this new to me hobby

Posts: 22 | Registered: July 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from someone down the street from you.

W German 226 was also my gateway Sig.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And another one not far. Cool

Btw, I hope your W. German P226 is Nickel and not stainless. Because there are no stainless W. German SIG P226s.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Posts: 19986 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it really does not look like a nickel finish to me. If I figure out how to post a picture I will let you judge for yourself

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5783 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
welcome from Arizona from someone with exes in Texas. Ex mother-inlaw and sisters-inlaw.

Posts: 919 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sip79:
it really does not look like a nickel finish to me. If I figure out how to post a picture I will let you judge for yourself

Here is a W. German factory nickel P226.

Posts: 19986 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I guess it must be some kind of a European unicorn since it doesn’t have any signs of Sigarms Inc anywhere on it and when I called SIG they said this gun never been through the US facility
Weird.
Shoots like a dream anyway, so I’m not too concerned about it Smile

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sip79:
I guess it must be some kind of a European unicorn since it doesn’t have any signs of Sigarms Inc anywhere on it and when I called SIG they said this gun never been through the US facility
Weird.

Not weird at all. Your P226, without any import marking, likely was a private party bring back. That's why SIG in NH doesn't have info on it. Why not go to the SIG Pistols and post your gun and have more discussion there?

Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 543 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Welcome from New Mexico and another 226 fan. I am originally from Temple TX and am planning a move to Dallas area in the next 3-4 years.

Nowhere to go but all day to get there

Posts: 132 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
posted Hide Post
Welcome from across FM1488. Smile

Posts: 10202 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post