SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from Texas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Texas Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Just bought my first Sig, a P320 X5 Legion. I had posted a question in the Pistol section before coming here and now I don't see it, so I apologize if I broke the rules for a newbie. Also saying hello.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome and Congrats on the new Sig!

Posts: 501 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not sure what happened as I couldn't find it either. Try to post it again and see if it sticks.

Welcome to the forum.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5686 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, you mean the post in which you asked if you need to disinfect your pistol because of coronavirus? Yeah, I deleted it the second I saw it.

You don't want to know what I think of such a post, especially as a first post in this forum. You just don't want to know.

"Similarly, the Romans enslaved the British for 400 years. So, are we due reparations from the Italians?" - John Cleese

Posts: 90898 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You didn't delete your post from this thread quickly enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Travis:
Actually I do want to know why it was deleted so I don't post something that gets deleted again.

You must be trolling us. You actually want us to tell you if the pistol you bought should be disinfected because it might have coronavirus on it? That is utterly asinine.

First of all, how in the Hell would we know anything about your pistol? Secondly, go get a paper towel, douse it in 409 or isopropyl alcohol and wipe down your pistol if you actually believe that your gun has cooties.

Why in the world would anyone neeed to ask such a ridiculous question?

May I ask your age?

Banned
posted Hide Post
Funny. So the "adult" has to erase my post, assume I'm trolling, wonders my age, etc., instead of giving a rational answer.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll find someplace else.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get off my board, you halfwit.

Unbelievable. You want us to tell you if you should disinfect your pistol, and you actually expect to be taken seriously and to not be assumed to be a troll? Pinhead.

And I was serious when I asked your age. I was hoping you might say "21" which is just old enough to buy a pistol. Even 21 is too old to be asking such a ridiculous question, but it's better than you saying "I'm 40 years old."

And I gave you a "rational answer". Just wipe down your pistol. You don't need to ask anyone anything. Just wipe it down. How stupid are you?

My function is to guard the gates of this forum, not to welcome you in. The members welcome you. You're a perfect example of why I keep a close watch on new members.

Picture of ifithitu
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Derby City.

A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Posts: 323 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
Welcome from Derby City.
Jeez Louise, man, read the thread. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
I guess we have the answer for another member who questions whether people read previous replies before posting. Personally, I am waiting for Jim Bowie to show up.

Posts: 8282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
Gotta pad that postcount somehow. When you only ever reply to a thread with two or three words and no punctuation, it can take quite a lot of effort to say anything meaningful.

Posts: 11634 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Never a dull moment. Wink

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 23490 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
the post in which you asked if you need to disinfect your pistol because of coronavirus?

Hard to tell- stupid or troll. Need to flip a coin Big Grin

Extremely short stay for "The Colonel".

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 13151 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Goodbye from Texas!

Posts: 4445 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Goodbye from Texas!

That shit’s funny

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 7203 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Hello, I must be going
I cannot stay
I came to say
I must be going
I'm glad I came
But just the same
I must be going, la-la!

Posts: 3454 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Goodbye from Texas!

That shit’s funny

Posts: 19818 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Goodbye from Texas!

That shit’s funny

This is funny Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
Welcome from Derby City.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 13151 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
On behalf of the grown-ass men of the great state of Texas, I apologize.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5300 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
So, the answer is 409, eh? Good to know... I've tried WD40, Calgon, and Robitussin DM, and mine still pops positive on the COVID tests. Now I'm set.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 5698 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post