SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New. From Savannah Ga
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New. From Savannah Ga Login/Join 
posted
Hi Everyone. Started shooting earlier this year. I'm 44yo. Started with S&W 686 plus,5in. Then went to 629 6in. Got wood grips for both. Hogue and Altamont. Lots of fun. My son, 22yo, made fun of my revolver love. Said I was outdated and only chose them cause of Det Callahan. Ha. Anyways I looked in to SemiAuto. Sigs by far appealed to me the most. We shot-rented a bunch of diff guns. I ended up buying a new p227 elite and a used p229 3.5in. 40cal SAS. Barely used. Been checking this forum out for months. Finally decided to introduce myself. Family says I'm obsessed. I just wanna get better at shooting. And own as many Sigs and revolvers I can. Is that bad?

Posts: 4 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIgforum.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33521 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Statesboro, GA. Anyway, where do you shoot in Savannah? I use Patrick's Gun Range in Garden City.

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 71 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick's and wildlife refuge in Richmond hill

Posts: 4 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papa85
posted Hide Post
No, Sound normal to me . Welcome to the forum from Illinois

papa85
Kahr CW380, 380mm
Sig Compact P320 9mm
Sig Carry Nightmare 1911, 45 cal.
Kimber 1911 LTP 11 Custom Shop 45 cal.
S&W Model 60SS 38 Special
Protect your Rights join the NRA

Posts: 79 | Location: St. Charles, Illinois | Registered: October 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Marietta.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
welcome from marietta. I have plenty of friends from savannah and vidalia both.

"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."

Posts: 7337 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Vidalia to Savannah is a pretty good spread, distance wise. I do love to get down to Savannah.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 21349 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Blairsville!

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3427 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Okay, Maybe I shouldn't tell you that Sauer made a .44 Magnum SA revolver and it is awesome. I found one that needed an ejector rod and it was $100 and... Dang! My bad.

If you're starting off with a P227 Elite and a P229 SAS, it sounds like you're off to a great start.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 1935 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8903 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spend a lot of time in Savannah so welcome. Maybe I need to try out a few of the ranges. I've been to Patricks just never done any shooting.
There is a big range near the Sandfly BBQ joint though.

Posts: 1161 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post