SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Former Glock Fan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Former Glock Fan Login/Join 
posted
Last week I took all three of my Glocks (26,42,43) and then traded on a Sig P365. Did not get the 365..I get the first one that comes in. Over the last several years my glocks had problems stovepiping fail to eject and I got tired of the triggers even tough I bought a Ghost trigger bar.

The 42 was unreliable out of the gate but after 200 hundred rounds I had zero failures for 5000+ rounds. Couple weeks ago it started stove piping. My 26 was unreliable from day one. My 43 probably had a couple of fail to ejects in 5000 rounds but lately more.

I just had enough.

I am super excited to get the P365. I am 74 years old. I have taken courses at local law enforcement academy and the NRA. I am working on being able to instruct more courses.

The P365 will be good for my classes bc it holds 10/12/15 rounds. And its small!!!

Can't wait!!!!

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adc:
My 26 was unreliable from day one.
Of course it was. They're all like that.

Posts: 92831 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum!

Posts: 719 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new P365. I hope to have one some day.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6357 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by adc:
My 26 was unreliable from day one.
Of course it was. They're all like that.

The 22 is the worst!!!! It only shoots when I pull the trigger!

First In Last Out

Posts: 4494 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nmsigshooter
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of so many problems with Glock guns! I have never had a problem with them at all. I think by your track record you will be having problems with the 365 also, just taking a wild stab in the dark.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Never had a problem with my G19.4, wife had no problems with her G42, and my Sig P365 has zero problems. Guess its like cars made on Monday or Friday, huh?

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 266 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nmsigshooter:
I have never heard of so many problems with Glock guns! I have never had a problem with them at all. I think by your track record you will be having problems with the 365 also, just taking a wild stab in the dark.

500+ rounds thru the P365. not one problem.

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Keep everything well lubed!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 35639 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Only Glock I ever had issue with was a Glock 30s. The reason was for THAT SPECIFIC model the recoil came back just "perfectly" into my wrist and would fatigue the hell out of me and I would eventually cause a malfunction. I am not recoil sensitive in 99% of applications and the normal fat Glock 30 was never a problem but that 30s just managed to hit me in just the wrong spot even though it was only minutely different then the others.

All my other Glock experience have been the typical boring Glock experiences.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 5715 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Only Glock I ever had issue with was a Glock 30s.

My first Glock was given to me by my dad. A G36. Didn't care much for it and gave it away (the same reason he gave it to me).

The first two Glocks I ever bought for myself were a G30SF and a G21SF. These guns were so unreliable that I am surprised I ever got another Glock. Both of them had the dreaded slide/trigger bar rub. They rubbed so badly on the G30SF that it created a deep cut in the trigger bar. Both had a return to battery issue. The G30SF was the worst. It almost never returned to battery. I never got around to installing the -1 trigger bar Glock came out with the address the problem. I traded them both on my first Sig, a P220 Carry.

A year or so later I bought a G19 and now have 9 Glocks. All are flawless in functioning. But that G30SF and G29SF had me hating Glock for awhile.

Posts: 4021 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Justice Forever
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I guess I have been lucky. I've owned several Glocks and have had great service from them. I am issued a G17.4.

Posts: 2992 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
You might be surprised that this forum isn't your typical fanboi echo chamber.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5941074751

Welcome to the forum. Maybe.

Posts: 4492 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post