SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New Member from Central Fla
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Member from Central Fla Login/Join 
posted
Howdy Y'all!

No, I don't really talk like that...
Well, I have been a Sig fan for around 6 years. It started when my Dad showed me his German P228. I don't even think it was broken in. Maybe it had 1-200 rounds through it. He offered it to me under the condition I got some training and my CCW.

Well, got my CCW and the gun. As a nube to the CCW, I found the P228 was a bit much to EDC so I decided to carry something easier to carry. My solution was a S&W Bodyguard 380.

Soon I realized the error of my ways. Not that the 380 is inherently bad. It was just that I hated training with it. And as an inexperienced shooter, it is/was a lot to handle. For me, it was like trying to light a firecracker in your hand. It was impossible not to flinch when I was shooting it.

So, I decided to get another Sig – the P938 Extreme. Although I went up in caliber the recoil was much more manageable. I found my new preferred EDC. On trips into risky areas (i.e. Miami) I would carry the P228 w/18 round mag, otherwise it was mostly the P938.

After more experience, I found that the Bodyguard 380 was not so bad after all. On days wearing shorts & T-Shirt or when I needed to be very discreet and wanted deep concealment I would take the BG.

I also got a S&W 66-4 357 as a hand me down. It's super clean and tight as any brand new one. Thought my wife may want for her nightstand but even shooting 38's she was intimidated by it. She now has the Ruger Mark II Target model that she's comfortable with. I know, some would say a .22 is not a HD round, but you will have to admit that it is better than nothing and she does have 11 rounds that she can put on target to stop the threat.

I also got about a 50-yr. old Remington bolt action .22 rifle that is a lot of fun for plinking and teaching. Next up was the Sig P226R Extreme (my bedside weapon of choice, with a TLR-1HL 800 lumen light). The last one (until just recently) was a S&W M&P Sport II. Came with a scope and Sling for $549 – at that price, how could I say no. Especially, when it looked like Hillary was about to win the election.

My current purchase was the Sig P365. I saw the reviews at the Shot show and had to have one. I knew if I wanted to stay in the home with the wife, I'd have to part with one from my growing collection. I quickly found a home for the P938 ($700 - included the .22 conversion kit and some holsters). Then the wait.
And Wait. And wait.
I screwed up. I totally regret selling the 938. The P365 was nowhere to be found. I pre-ordered the gun at an online seller and waited. I wondered, how could I be so stupid to sell one gun before I had the replacement in my hand and thoroughly vetted for reliability?

So here I am. Finally got what appears to be EDC all time champ. Took it the range and fired around 275 rounds. 115 & 124 gr FMJ, Sig defensive HP’s and some other assorted rounds I had to try. BTW the gun was flawless! Not one failure. The gun went bang on every pull and always locked the slide back on the last round.

Going forward, I've previously done a couple of competitive events with my P226 at a local club - The Volusia County gun & Hunt Club. Awesome place, just wished they had better drainage for the rainy days. Wondering about using the P365 for IDPA events or other club events - any thoughts? The only thing I don't like about that platform for competition is the mag release. It is not as easy to release as with my other Sigs. I think however, with training, I will be fine.

S&W Bodyguard
S&W 357 Revolver
S&W M&P Sport II
Sig P365
Sig P228
Sig P226 Extreme
Ruger Mark II

Posts: 1 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ohio.

I lived in Fla a few times as a kid.

Nice collection of pistols.
Son has a 228 and loves it.
I have a few Sigs as well as other brands.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2261 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Greetings!

I'm in Orlando. We have quite a number of Orlando area members here. I'm sure they will be showing up shortly.

Welcome to the forum. This is an awesome place.

Edmond

Posts: 9576 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Now all you need is a 10mm P220. Big Grin

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3346 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
welcome, from SW Fl.

Posts: 538 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Clermont / Groveland area.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 9331 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin

Posts: 396 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!! From New Smyrna Beach

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post