SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Greetings From The First State
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings From The First State Login/Join 
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted
After being a long time lurker and pining away at some of the great classified listings, I finally got it together and joined.

I’m a retired local/FED Leo and I attribute the issuance of my first duty pistol (a triple SN, WG P228 with NP3 slide) as the source of my acute P-Series crush. At my last agency, we carried the P229 DAK .40 and it really grew on me.

It could be argued the three greatest deals in American history were:

1. The purchase of Manhattan Island from the natives
2. The Louisiana Purchase
3. The purchase of my 1989 West German P228 from the agency for the princely sun of $130, with Maroon box, 3 pre-ban zipper back mags and 39 rounds of Hydra Shoks.

Last year, I saw a listing in the classifieds here for a police trade WG P228 two tone, and I recognized the configuration and the officer’s name on the box (“Lenxxk”) as a platoon mate who resigned before we upgraded to P229’s and bought the old guns. It was only digits from my serial number in the B100xxx range. In the event anyone here knows who acquired it, I can tell explainwhere it came from and whynit was not the standard two tone set up.

Cheers

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 11 | Location: Delaware  | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 34661 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The best part is when they traded the beads and trinkets, they were trading with the natives that didn't own it or live there. They had to buy it (again) from the actual natives later. Guess they didn't have that bridge in Brooklyn yet, just made off with some free beads. Big Grin

$130 is a better deal, plus you didn't have to count beads.

Member 12131 may have your buddies P228. Heck, I think he has all of them by now.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3312 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, the government engaged in ethical trade deatlings with me and did not decide it wanted to take the pistol back ten years later.

The funny back story about why we were allowed to purchase our old duty weapons, which had never been done in the dept.’s 50 year history is a great back story in liberal logic. Being in a very liberal county, between Baltimore and DC, the SJW county council was aghast when they learned the gun contract’s financials was predicated on Sig taking our old pistols as part of the deal. The county determined it could not be a party to “more weapons ending up on the street” (despite Sig’s assurances in writing they would be sold for overseas Gov use only) so they demanded an innocent generation of 400 P228’s be smelted away, but the County Executive was our former Chief and said, if you’re willing to puss away $150 per gun on some grandstanding, I’ll just let the officers buy them. There was a (wink, wink) promise to never transfer the gun, apparently even in the afterlife.

The precedent was set, and I would have been able to buy the the -new .40 P229’s when they were retired, but I had moved on. My buddies told me, the baalrgain basement prices continued.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 11 | Location: Delaware  | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from NW Indiana--Very interesting History

Posts: 444 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ohio

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2232 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!!

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post