SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Old guy from Beautiful Simi Valley, California
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old guy from Beautiful Simi Valley, California Login/Join 
posted
Hi guys - My name is Mike (docent), and I just recently purchased a Sig 226 MK25. Been a shooter since Lincoln. I actually own a 1858 Remington .44 used in the Civil War. Looking forward to talking guns with all of you. Took the name "docent" because I volunteer at several charities around my area. Glad to be part of this forum

Posts: 56 | Registered: February 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum Mike from the SF Bay Area.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 2183 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from OHIO Mike.
I did not know you could still own guns in Ca.?

Sorry about the Ca. joke hope you enjoy the site as much as you enjoy guns.
I like that gun you bought and have been kicking around getting one. I have plenty of Sigs, not that one.
My favorite Sig right now is my 1911 C3. For many years I gave up on .45s and then I shot this one and wow.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1436 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wyoming.
I used to live in Simi Valley way back in the early 70's. I bet it has changed.

PC

Posts: 567 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Wyoming -
Yes, it sure has changed. Been in Simi since 68, when Simi had only 1 stop light. But what put us on the map, was the Ronald Reagan Presidental Library. Very proud that its here. Thanks all for the nice welcome

Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin.

Posts: 256 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from another old guy in NW Indiana

Posts: 376 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi old guy from NW Indiana - - -know that area pretty well. I was born in Hammond, and spent my younger days in Munster. Thanks for the welcome !

posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ms

Posts: 252 | Location: South Ms | Registered: June 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Welcom, Docent

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 13027 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8966 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Hello from a youngish guy from Simi Valley Cool

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 1796 | Location: Basement of Staples Center | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ohio

Posts: 9540 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mike.

Posts: 1590 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2233 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
posted Hide Post
Howdy, glad you joined.

Very good of you to volunteer as you do.

HK Ag

Posts: 2102 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the "welcome" HK Ag