SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from Atlanta, GA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Atlanta, GA Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingFrisian
posted
Hi there, new member here.

Recently became a member of a nice intown range here in Atlanta. Only started shooting handguns in the last year or so. When I was younger mainly did some duck and geese hunting and shooting my dad's 30-06 at the range.

Tried almost every 9mm that was available for rent and quickly settled on a SIG. Initially I was drawn to the P320, until I shot a P229... Shot the Standard, Elite and the Legion.... After the sticker shock wore off, I am now saving up for a P229. Haven't decided on the exact model yet.

Already learned a lot here, looks like a lot of good folks helping each other out!

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey, I've had a few come at me like this also. What model to get, what all does it come with, etc... Being more of an opportunist instead of being set on a particular model, I'd shop for one that is lightly used. Then again, there aren't too many pre-owned Legions to be had. Usually as it turns out, the model will find you first.

There are some good sized stores in the Gainesville & Athens to shop at as long as they aren't too far of a drive.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2314 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Welcome from up the road in Gainesville.

The SIG P229 is a fantastic platform. One of my favorite SIGs. I shoot at Cherokee Gun Club (www.cherokeegunclub.org) and at Riverbend at www.rbgc.org. I'll be shooting a Cowboy Action Match next Saturday at Riverbend (if it doesn't snow). Come check it out!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 21729 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lots of good info here and keep an eye on the classifieds for a used first Sig. You can save a lot buying preowned.

Posts: 3401 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Statesboro, GA.

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ohio...Yea P229. Lived in College Park for short time

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1583 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8992 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alansv
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Ellenwood!

Alan Vaughan
"Fat Jesus"

Kimber Utra Raptor .45
Kimber Micro Crimson Trace .380
Sig P229R .357

Georgia Carry.Org member

Favorite quote: "Come here handsome. Whoa! Slide on back Fat Jesus!

"It's all about the orange..."

Posts: 520 | Location: Ellenwood, GA /Henry County | Registered: June 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Blairsville!

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3569 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Marietta.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim335,

Posts: 3387 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Lawrenceville

“I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”

Posts: 1136 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Fayetteville! Smile

Posts: 1121 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post