SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New State - Just moved to Philly, PA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New State - Just moved to Philly, PA Login/Join 
posted
Joined when I lived in CA. Now I’m living in Philadelphia. Any meets or things to do around here?

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Greetings from the Granite State. Welcome Aboard!

And, congratulations on your escape from the PRC! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 2931 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Indiana

Posts: 413 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Enjoy. Welcome to PA/Philly.

What part of Philly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totus Tuus

Posts: 4260 | Location: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

What part of Philly?

I’m in the manayunk area for now. What about you?

Where are the good spots to go shooting around here?

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 88 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2439 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buckachow:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

What part of Philly?

I’m in the manayunk area for now. What about you?

Where are the good spots to go shooting around here?

Awesome! I love Manayunk. Lots of great restaurants. Check out Winnie's/Le Bus.

I'm in Bensalem now. Classic Pistol in Southampton is definitely the best place around in my opinion...clean, friendly, low prices, pistol, rifle, shotgun, etc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totus Tuus

Posts: 4260 | Location: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
You move here for good?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totus Tuus

Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting away from our crazy CA. gun laws

Posts: 151 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9026 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Lehigh Valley area in Pa.

Posts: 972 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Mainline. Ditto RAMIUS's suggestion of Classic Pistol. Nice shop and a good indoor range. Also check out King's Shooter Supply in King of Prussia. Small place but lots of reloading supplies, and they cast their own bullets. Always gotten good service.

If you're interested in an outdoor club, you can check out Lower Providence Rod and Gun. Clean and friendly with a lot of activities, but very, very safety focused. Membership can take some time to get, though. Drop me a line if you're interested.

Plenty of SE PA folks around here. Welcome!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 17691 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Upper Bucks county.

quote:
Originally posted by Buckachow:
Joined when I lived in CA. Now I’m living in Philadelphia. Any meets or things to do around here?

Go out and buy a new gun (the same day!).
Razz

Posts: 177 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Berks Co, but have worked there and have relatives in Philly.

I'm a fan of French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville if you ever feel like coming out this way.

They have a decent indoor range and large gunshop area:

http://www.frenchcreekoutfitters.com/

While in Phoenixville there's lots of good eating and drinking establishments to check out as well.

Wait until you get your PA LTCF (License To Carry Firearms), note it's not a "CCL" as you don't have to conceal if you don't want to. The hardest part of getting your LTCF is finding a a parking spot near the court house and you'll get it that very day!

Posts: 22320 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Welcome Smile

Along with the other good places suggested, check out Tanner's in Jamison. They don't have a range but they are a great shop, good people.

They are my 'go to' shop nowadays.

Posts: 9777 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Welcome Smile

Along with the other good places suggested, check out Tanner's in Jamison. They don't have a range but they are a great shop, good people.

They are my 'go to' shop nowadays.

Tanner's is glorious. Non-stop sales too. They post them on facebook daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Totus Tuus