SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Greetings from Marylandistan!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from Marylandistan! Login/Join 
posted
Hi I'm Steve from Ellicott City, MD and I've been a long-time reader of this forum.

I have been a hunter & shooter for 30+ years.
So has my wife who was actually the one to get me into hunting & shooting.

I always make sure I stop by the SIG booth at the major shows such as the Great American Outdoor Show held in Harrisburg, PA.

My current SIG inventory includes:
-A pair of SIG P229 elite stainless
-A pair of SIG P220 match stainless elite
-One SIG 516 patrol

I particularly like service rifle competition but that's obviously not with the SIGs.

I use the P229's for personal defense at home and wherever I'm allowed to carry.
The 516 is also a personal defense firearm which we also took hunting with us on a recent successful hunt for feral hogs. It's a fine rifle for hunting with the right ammo.

The P220's are my next project. I would like to become a better pistol shooter; maybe get good enough to compete with the P220's. Toward that end I'm working on upgrading the sights on the P220's with help from AmerigunUSA.

I was paid to develop software for commercial & military satellites but I've been retired for almost 2 years.

I'm more of a reader than a writer: I would rather be quiet and thought the fool rather than open my mouth and remove all doubt. Smile
But hopefully I'll be able to contribute!
Steve

Posts: 7 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum, from a long time fan of the P-220.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 34626 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good wife. Welcome from South Carolina.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsuby:
Good wife. Welcome from South Carolina.

Indeed! She was the dairy farmer's daughter who grew up deer hunting and riding horses when farm chores & school allowed. I was the city kid who didn't grow up around guns at all.

Posts: 7 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Before moving here a couple of years ago, I spent nearly 30 years in Olney in MoCo, so I know MD a little....

Posts: 260 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool, Those P220s are like potato chips (can't have just one?) as they seem to multiply gradually.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2916 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chaswea
posted Hide Post
Welcome

Posts: 12 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: August 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p226gsd:
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Before moving here a couple of years ago, I spent nearly 30 years in Olney in MoCo, so I know MD a little....

You really were in the thick of things living in Olney.
We're planning on moving to High Rock lake or one of the other lakes nearby once the wife retires - maybe in a year or two.

Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. I'm a little south of you in MD.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 14442 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin.

Posts: 359 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. I live in A.A. County very close to you. I have also recently retired. Gives you more time to relax and enjoy life.

Posts: 515 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from flyover country. I've got family in the Hagerstown area, but I've never lived there.

As I tell all newbies, feel free to talk about any make of firearm, we embrace diversity!

Posts: 12975 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9050 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post