SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New member from Northern Virginia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New member from Northern Virginia Login/Join 
posted
Hi gang!. I have been lurking for the past month or two as I was trying to decide what my first red dot equipped pistol was going to be. I decided on a P320 RX full size, so here I am.

I have owned and shot HK's, Walthers, Kahrs, M&P's and 1911s, but this is my first Sig and only the second one I have ever shot. As a lefty, I did not think the 226 was particularly user friendly and I do not like DA/SA, so I became a an HK guy.

When I found that the VP9 was not going to be available optics ready until the end of this year my decision was easy. the 320 RX is a great deal, so why not?

Looking at things objectively, the ergos on the 320 are not as sublime for me as a VP9 nor is the trigger as good as a Walther or 1911, but the proof is in the eating and after just 2 sessions with 'Ziggy' last weekend (about 500 rounds) I was shooting it better than any pistol I have ever shot.

This is my first red dot equipped pistol and I do not have much red dot experience, but by day 2 it just felt natural and everything I shot from 7 yds out to 20 was landing in nothing larger than a hand sized spot regardless of how fast I was shooting. I think a lot of this is due to the red dot and how much easier it is for older eyes, but the whole package is very easy to shoot well.

I need to get a holster, a light and would like to try a small sized grip module, then Ziggy is taking over night table duty from the HK.

I have two questions:

1. I read about someone who claimed that the Surefire DG switch for the 226 would fit on the 320. Is that so?

2. Do any of you Sig fanboys know when other size grip modules are likely to become available. The only small one I could find was on Gunbrker for $185 and that's not going to happen

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thunderjohn
posted Hide Post
Welcome from MN.

who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Posts: 1315 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy it.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1909 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey, I hope to have a P320 someday.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2228 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8966 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hi, neighbor!

Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."

Posts: 7239 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA.

Posts: 80 | Location: Fredericksburg, VA | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin

Posts: 255 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Welcome from LoCo, NoVa! Smile

Don't believe everything you think.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 512 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Welcome from another NoVA member!

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9462 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post