SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Good to be here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good to be here Login/Join 
posted
Hello all

I have known of Sig pistols for some time but never knew anything about them. Not long ago a friend mentioned a classmate purchased a Sig. Curious I wanted to know what swayed the decision to sig.

In the interim a friend at the range let me run a box of ammo through his Sig 225. I loved it. First pistol that really fit my hand. Everything about it was right. I am a mechanical engineer and work with precision parts and tooling. The sig felt like a precision piece of machinery. Never felt that in a pistol before.

As an aside I have been shooting pistols and rifles for a while I am hoping to learn about Sig and experience more of the Sig quality. I own several pistols Glock, Smith and Wesson, Springfield and a colt.

Looking forward to getting quality time with a Sig.

Posts: 10 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is the same experience I had the first time I held one then shot one.

Now, I have a few, still love to shoot them.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2232 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool. The classic Sig pistols are sweet!

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3314 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You know the P225 is the signature pistol of the Sig Forum, right?

Congrats and welcome. Enjoy the best place on the internet.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 12746 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum a d to Sig.

Posts: 391 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Welcome new friend. Enjoy.

Posts: 9844 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

Wait till you try the P220, P226, P227, P228, P229, P230, P239 and SP2022. They are all awesome and are pretty much the same manual of arms.

Highly recommend getting your hands on a rental 226 (full sized double stack) 229 (almost full sized double stack) and SP2022 (full size double stack).

The SP2022 is one of the best values in the gun world. $400.00 and you get a super accurate pistol with an excellent trigger.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 12150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post