SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from the Portland Oregon area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from the Portland Oregon area Login/Join 
posted
Just got a trade-in P229 on a $145 for four payments deal. How could I resist? It turns out to be an earlier model without rails, but came with night sites as an unexpected bonus. Externally it looks brand new, and the only wear I can see inside are the normal wear patterns to the barrel and rails I would expect from any used firearm. The serial is AM 38 553. Anyone have manufacturing info?

Took it to the range and it is a such a sweet shooter. First magazine at 25 feet, all but one round in the 9 and 10 on the silhouette, the stray one ended up in the 8, nicking the 9.

As for me, I am a range rat, not a hunter. My grandfather taught me to shoot at the age of eight and I still have his S&W Outdoorsman revolver in my safe. I enjoy shooting all sorts of guns and have a small but interesting collection ranging from a Cobray Pocket Pal to a Performance Center 500 S&W. I am an extreme fan of the Mateba pistols (have not shot one yet) and the Boberg pistols (recently bought by Bond Arms and re-branded the Bond Arms Bullpup). Sorry guys, but as nice as my new P229 is, I still have to put my Boberg as the pistol that most wants to hit where I aim.

I've lived in the area all my life so please do not judge Portland by watching Portlandia. Oh, and stop moving to Portland, I don't need another rent jump!

Posts: 10 | Location: near Portland OR | Registered: December 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WELCOME FROM SOUTH CAROLINA.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8903 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey, Your P229 is ten years old. You should have many more years of P229 happyness to come, and it is waaaaay easier to clean and lube than the Boberg. Cobray makes a sweet Ladies Home Companion if you want to make soup out of whatever is standing in front of you and you can't find a Street Sweeper.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 1929 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Hey, Your P229 is ten years old. You should have many more years of P229 happyness to come, and it is waaaaay easier to clean and lube than the Boberg.

Most guns are, but just because my sweetie needs a little more attention than some of the other gals, doesn't mean I don't love her the best.

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cobray makes a sweet Ladies Home Companion if you want to make soup out of whatever is standing in front of you and you can't find a Street Sweeper.

I've seen one of those in person and held it.

No.

Hell no.

Hell to the power of No, Cubed... INFINITY!

Flimsy piece of junk. I've held a Street Sweeper as well and the Ladies Home Companion made the SS look like a S&W Performance Center piece. This is also why I've never put a .380 through my Pocket Pal, I'm not sure it would hold together. A THREE EIGHTY!

Posts: 10 | Location: near Portland OR | Registered: December 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
hello friend
welcome to the sf.one of the top 3 or 4 gun sites you can belong to.be careful on those skating rink roads you guys have

Posts: 1477 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum.

Posts: 134 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amsmith281
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Great intro...now be prepared to get hooked on Sig everything. There's even a guy that sells Sig pens here. Love it.

Posts: 151 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
hello friend
welcome to the sf .one of the top 3 or 4 gun sites you can belong to.be careful on those skating rink roads you guys have

Partially FIFY, It would take more than some strikeout to fix that sentence completely.

Welcome hedrin! Hope you stick around.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 7553 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post