SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Howdy from KY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Howdy from KY Login/Join 
posted
Howdy all – New/old member here meaning I use to be a member here a while back but I guess due to non-usage that account was deleted(?) so I had to create a new one.

So this is probably a common theme here but I’m a long time Glock guy who’s becoming more of a Sig guy. Kind of funny because I almost started my shooting life as a Sig guy...

Way back in the day when I went to buy my first handgun, I didn’t know a lot about the various guns of the time and I didn’t have a lot of money. For a number of reasons that I won’t bore you with now, my final decision came down to a Sig P226 and Glock 17. I really liked the Sig but went with the Glock mostly because of the price (the Sig was $150 more at the time) and I wasn’t a fan of DA/SA triggers. I’m still not but it’s not a complete show stopper for me now.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I coughed up the extra money for the Sig which would have been one of those West German models that everyone covets today. Lesson for you young ones out there… I get we all have budgets we have to work within but try not to base your decisions in life on price. Every single time I’ve ever done that I have ended up regretting it. Wait and save just a little longer to get what you really want. If you don’t you will probably end up regretting it too.

So anyway, I have been shooting Glocks ever since and they have done well by me but I never fell for the “perfection” hype. They have short comings like everything else. Because of that, I use to try all the new “Glock killers” when they first came out (SA XD, S&W M&P, etc.) but they never offered enough improvement to make switching worth it.

I guess that’s why I waited so long to try the new 320 line but I finally did get around to trying both the P320 and P365 and I’m loving them! I like the grip better, I like the trigger better and most importantly, I found I’m noticeably more accurate with them then I am with my Glocks (even after shooting them for 25+ years).

I will miss the simplicity, cheap mags and availability of holsters and such. The one thing I’m not liking about the P320 line is all the variations there are. Seems like a lot of changes for a platform that’s not been on the market that long? On the other hand, that does mean Sig is constantly designing, innovating and listening to their customers which is something Glock hardly ever does which is good but it does create a lot of questions for someone like me just getting into the platform. I am looking forward to learning though!

Anyway, Just wanted to say howdy… Howdy Big Grin

Posts: 67 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36036 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the forum!

Maybe you can get that West German P226 someday...

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6555 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I did get a P226 Legion SAO a couple of years ago that I absolutely love and have been looking for an MK-25 for a while now. Those 2 should fully satisfy my 226 desires for the foreseeable future.

Posts: 67 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Howdy From Arizona airgunner! Welcome to the forum. Got family down yonder there in your state but they are on the western side in Arlington/Milburn.

Posts: 977 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Posts: 762 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Welcome back !

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 792 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warm welcome back everybody! Smile

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. I enjoyed reading your introduction.

Dave

Posts: 269 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Welcome back from Erlanger.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Northern Ky | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post