SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hey everyone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey everyone Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys, new to the forum obviously. Just moved to Atlanta few months ago. Glad to be here and gain some knowledge from you guys.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum, from Cincy.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 35561 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

Be sure to check out Fort Peachtree when you can.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5582 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@.38SUPERSIG "FORT PEACHTREE"???

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 454 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup.

There is an old rough hewn log fort replica off of the Chattahoochee. I thought it was interesting that they had 10 or 12 historic markers all around it and went to check it out. The fort was near a few peach trees at the time. One of the markers said that the fort was near a larger tree that they once stood under to see who could throw its peaches far enough to land into the river. They weren't sure if the fort was then named for the tree because of its fruit, or that they pitched the fruit from it into the river. Half the roads in Atlanta could have been named Pitchtree instead.

If you are able to check it out, Inside there are many colonial era artifacts and displays set up. It really took me back a few centuries and gave a good reflection from the early 1800s.

The only other thing that I thought was really neat to check out in Atlanta was Mile Post Zero. I was able to see that one before they moved it. Roll Eyes

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5582 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Wisconsin

Posts: 634 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post