SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Newbie from Cincinnati
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie from Cincinnati Login/Join 
posted
Thank you to whoever approved my submittal for membership.
I'm 67, retired, Army veteran, motorcycle nut, Grandfather and love to shoot my guns.
Only Sig I own is an old West German P220 .45; no mag button so you pull the mag from the bottom of the butt.
Not real up on mine, but I've burned a few rounds through it. Never was a semi-auto man until I got this one and no; it's not for sale. I love it. I'm probably not going to contribute much, but I'll have a ton of questions. Thanks.

Your right to swing your fist stops just short of the other person's nose,

Posts: 46 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum, from another member close to Cincy.

Thank you for your service.

I believe your P-220 is a European mag release.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33383 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks P220, it is. I shot old Colt 1911's in the service and always got stuck with something that rattled, stovepiped and couldn't hit the ground with it if I dropped it.
Years afterward I acquired the Sig, and man! What a difference.

Posts: 46 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I really like the P220 myself. Chasing down every caliber was fun. The best part is, it'll be just as smooth 20 years from now.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 1888 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
...welcome to The Forum!

Nice P220 to have!

------------
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 662 | Location: Kirkland, WA | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8874 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Welcome Oldrider. Enjoy your time here. Lots of good stuff.

Posts: 9318 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Warren County.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 716 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Welcome from Warren County.

Aha! My neck of the woods.

Picture of b52buff
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.

Time is not always on your side......just sometimes
USAF 1966-1972: C-130,KC-135 and B-52 D and H.
Utapao, Thailand
Wurtsmith AFB, MI

Posts: 180 | Location: NE Michigan | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post