SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New member from Chicago, yes Chicago lol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New member from Chicago, yes Chicago lol Login/Join 
posted
Hi all, just wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing Sig info.
Have always been a fan of Sig Sauer. Carry everyday my P220 west Germany Sig. Just hoping and waiting for the legion version. Not holding my breath. I would have purchased already the P226 but I'm old school and prefer to carry good 'ol .45 Smile

Posts: 15 | Registered: February 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum from another member waiting for the P-220 Legion.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33886 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi from OHIO.
Did not know you could carry in Chitown.
Daughter just moved from Milwaukee to Ann Arbor this past fall. We used to make that trip a lot and go thru your town. I hated to have to stop and get out and put gun in lock box. I guess now, you can keep it on you unless you stop and get out.
Hope you enjoy. I carry me 1911 C3 Sig a lot, but some times I carry another one or two.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1289 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow P220 you beat me.

BFA Member

Posts: 1289 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Your West German should be all that you'll need. As for me, I'm not really sold on the Legion thing. I haven't held one yet because I probably know how that will turn out. Big Grin

Now if they happened to ever make a 10mm with that L on it...

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2129 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Aquabird, we have ccw for about two years now. They make it so hard as to discourage people from getting a permit. But there was no way I wasn't getting one. Cook county has a "violence tax"
Of 5 cents per bullet!! I drive out of county just to purchase ammo.
Why the hell should I pay a violence tax if I'm not the one committing the violence?
Doesn't seem to work. As of the beginning of this year we have had about 400 people shot with over 100 of those resulting in deaths. It's only February, just wait until summer...

posted Hide Post

This one is mine Smile

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Winning.

Please share the details.

Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33886 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pretty....

Welcome to the forum!

Dumb question, can you get a CC permit in Chi town?

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9010 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Jesse. We were the last state in the nation to get cc.
They make you take a 16 hour class, shooting range test, get fingerprinted, pay a $150 fee and submit application to state police.
Even after all that if you even had a DUI in your life they will not give you a permit. Record has to be completely clean.
Thanks for welcome.

posted Hide Post
Most of the mandatory stuff is the same in Ohio.
My wife just got hers a year ago or so and her class lasted 12 hours.(more than needed now I think) and they had to pass a shooting test. I think the fee around here is around $50 and you get finger printed at Sheriffs office and usually get it back in about 2-3 wks. The DUI thing is way overboard. My wife is a really good natural shooter, but the day she took the course she struggled. I finally told her to turn on her laser sight and then no problem. It was snowing so hard they could hardly see the targets, she is not a cold weather lover.
Glad you are part of the forum now.

BFA Member

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Welcome board Landseer!

Gotta like the P220!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 998 | Location: Kirkland, WA | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8948 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum

Nice P-220. I like mine, one of these days I'll have to blow the dust off of it and get it to the range.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 4834 | Location: Just moved: Downtown Chi-Town | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Stay alert on the streets, and especially at gun ranges.

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 74 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post