SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from Chicago!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Chicago! Login/Join 
Picture of Jim777
posted
Hi! I'm a newbie here, just joined in. I'm going to buy a gun, but haven't decided which one yet. I've found this forum, and it seems to be really interesting. So, I hope for a good conversation. Cheers!

Posts: 6 | Location: Chicago | Registered: April 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back at yah from Los Vegas. I was originally from Chicago's north side (Rogers Park) left in 1970 for California. Moved to Vegas 16 years ago.
You say you want to buy a gun but haven't decided yet on which. I was under the impression Chicago laws would not allow it. Tell us about what your looking at, and the hoops you need to go through to get one. I know you need a FOID card. How long of a weight do you have to pick it up and take it home?

Posts: 24 | Registered: April 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been thru Chicago many times, hated to stop and put my gun in a lock box when entering Illinois. I guess you no longer have to do that unless you are going to get out and go into somewhere.

Enjoy that freedom and that right. Do not go for the cheap firearm, get a good one, that will work when you need it.
Heck, living in Chicago, you might find one laying on the battlefield..(street) always seems like a war zone, feel sorry for those that live there.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1093 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome!
(South Sider here!)

There's a few of us here behind enemy lines on the Forum, I think you'll like it here. You need help, let us know!

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 4784 | Location: Just moved: Downtown Chi-Town | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

This forum has the depth and breadth of knowledge for your research and Q&A.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 907 | Location: Kirkland, WA | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome from your neighbor in Wisconsin.

Posts: 213 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello,

What is the intended purpose of your purchase? Carry, targets, home defense? There are a lot to choose from.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2055 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post