SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New From South Carolina...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New From South Carolina... Login/Join 
posted
Many years ago I was on several gun forums here on the internet.... then I dropped off all but the Ruger Forum (.Com)... have been posting there for years..... I own a 'few' Rugers... but after attending the four day defensive handgun class at Front Sight in Nevada.... then this past Summer I had the opportunity to attend a Todd Rassa class at the Sig Academy.... I decided I wanted to improve my handgun skills and part of this was 'upgrading' to a higher end handgun.... So, this past Fall I purchased a standard Sig P226 and took it with me to my second Front Sight defensive handgun class this past month.... I like my Sig, (which is a good thing since it cost 3 times as much as any of my Rugers) I'm leaning toward my next purchase being a P226 Legion. The one item I'm wanting to ask on this forum is if there is a way to get a bigger slide stop on my 226.

Posts: 35 | Location: Greenville, S.C. | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum and thank you for sharing your story.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 33383 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think that the only Sig versions are the slide stop are the P226, P226 Legion, and the X-Five versions. I can't think of anywhere to get either of the later two. GrayGuns may have some custom parts but I haven't had any luck with them replying to any e-mail for quite some time.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 1888 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, This forum was recommended by a number of the folks over on the Ruger Forum .com.... also, a goodly number of years ago I started 'collecting' guns and my wife planned to take a handgun, womens only, class and so I did what most husbands do... I went to a gun show to buy her a pistol... that day I bought a Walther PPK and a Sig 230. What I discovered is there is very little comparison between the two... the Sig is much better in my opinion. I've carried that Sig for about 10 years and just recently switched to a Ruger LC9s (pro).

Posts: 35 | Location: Greenville, S.C. | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from South Carolina.

Posts: 1297 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Southern California.

Posts: 131 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Firemanjones
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Florida.

Posts: 20 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Another welcome from the upstate.

Posts: 1043 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... welcome form the other coast ...

------------
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 662 | Location: Kirkland, WA | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8874 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post