SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    New from CA (So-Cal)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New from CA (So-Cal) Login/Join 
posted
New Sig Owner (well new a few months ago). I am new to gun ownership but have always enjoyed going to the range with buddies.

It was finally time to get my own and I went with the Sig because it was highly recommended and I've shot it before.

I have a SP2022 9mm and eventually want to get many more including the 1911 Nightmare by Sig...just need to find a way to make that happen here in California.

Look forward to learning more about these guns and get recommendations on my next purchase since it might be a while before I can get the nightmare figured out here in CA. Maybe a P226 will be next as I wait.

Thanks for having me. And if anyone is in the San Fernando Valley (Sherman Oaks area) and up to go to the range let me know.

Posts: 5 | Registered: August 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from South Carolina.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome from Ms

Posts: 251 | Location: South Ms | Registered: June 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Welcome from San Diego

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 9548 | Location: The Temecula Valley | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8927 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Looking forward to learning more about the sig line up and hopefully get some good insight to making future purchases.

Anyone have a good recommendation for customizations for my SP2022? I've tried google and such but it seems it's not common to get accessories for the SP2022

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Northern California.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 12312 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buckachow:
Anyone have a good recommendation for customizations for my SP2022?

I can't say that I've ever seen many. Grips, guide rods, & sights are all I can think of and they are scarce.

I found a P220 for cheap one day and went from there. I don't know if the P220 is on the permitted firearms list (?) that you guys have or what versions are out there. Best of luck to you...

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone have a good recommendation for customizations for my SP2022? I've tried google and such but it seems it's not common to get accessories for the SP2022

I left mine stock, IMO there's not anything that needs to be done to the SP2022

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 9548 | Location: The Temecula Valley | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Redondo Beach, CA!

I think you've chosen an excellent first SIG. I have had an SP2022 for a while and I maintain that the ergonomics and control fit my hand better than any other SIG.

In terms of accessories, I have a rail light. Other than that, the gun is pretty good to go! The only other accessory that I would say is a "must have" is another SIG. Big Grin

Congratulations on your purchase!

Posts: 4435 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who has had the Sp2022 for about a year now, its easily my favorite. It fits the had just right, so you made a great choice. Finding holsters I find is a bigger issue really.

I am Groot

Posts: 230 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum from the Bay Area.

As far as the off roster guns go in California, Calguns.net market place is your best bet. If it's in the state already and somebody is willing to sell it that's where you might find one.

You will have to pay a premium for sure but that's the only way your going to get one in California.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 2032 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hi Buckachow, welcome to the SigForum!!!

There is a SoCal get together planned for Sept 11, this thread will fill you in if you can make it:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1190050804/p/1
Page 2 has the date change to Sept. The host is member DaveTruong.

Simply click on DaveTruong user name in the post, then click on Public Profile to get his email address.

As an FYI, only members can view email addresses of other members their profiles. It is completely up to you to make it available to other members or not when you set up your own profile settings.

My Photobucket albums:

1978 Browning BDA .45cal (aka Sig P220 with European Magazine Release):
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...Cal%20aka%20SigP220/

1986 SigSauer P226 with Mud Rails and Full NP3:
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...bar%20NP3%20Coating/

Winchester 1897 WW1 Trenchgun:
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...h%20Gun%2012%20Gage/

Posts: 2231 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys!

I haven't been on here in a while but want to say hi again and reach out to my local soca people to see if there are any planned events coming up.

Also got my 2nd sig this weekend. Went with a P220 in earth tan. Already put matte. Lack hogue aluminum grips.
Not sure how to post pics from my phone but I'll try to get them posted soon.