SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Hello from FL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from FL Login/Join 
posted
Hi all,

New member here — I’m a guy that watched his step dad browse Sig Forum as as youngin’. I’ve been shooting for 20 years now and actually learned on a P229 back in the ‘90s. While doing a stint in the service I turned 21 and bought my first handgun, a Glock 21.3 SF. Subsequently I’ve bought a few G19s that have all been traded in (many, many times) and ended up with a P320C back in 2016. I ended up trading that in for a Gen 5 G19 but recently sold that to fund my new purchase of a M18.

As you can see, I’ve had my fair share of Glocks but I’ve always found that I was forcing the gun to fit my hand. At the risk of starting a brand war, I will say that they’re Uber reliable guns and fit a lot of people well... just not me. So now I’m back home on a Sig, and I will say the M18 is a dream to shoot.

Oh, and I also have a West German P226 (with all the proper roll marks) from a pawn shop for $350! Razz

Anyways, I look forward to talking with you all and continuing my Dad’s legacy on Sig Forum. I wish I could remember his username but that was a long time ago!

Thanks!

-ZEDdefense

West German P226
P320-M18
WANTED: P365 SAS

More to come...

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 307 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good deal on the P226. Every once in a while, a good deal can be found. I was strolling through the LGS and had the anticipation of checking out the new (at the time) Legion P226. On the same shelf, an Allround for about $150 less. I still don't have a Legion.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5239 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Good deal on the P226. Every once in a while, a good deal can be found. I was strolling through the LGS and had the anticipation of checking out the new (at the time) Legion P226. On the same shelf, an Allround for about $150 less. I still don't have a Legion.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Are you shooting matches with that Allround? I’m keen on a ‘26 Legion but that is definitely a bit above my pay grade right now... gotta graduate this college thing first. It’s a struggle to survive on a college campus as an older “conservative” student but getting a piece of land to shoot on is my motivation... :-)

West German P226
P320-M18
WANTED: P365 SAS

More to come...

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't been to any 'real' competitions. I've traded my way into some good pistols, but it seems like I'm in a vacuum. A buddy of mine does 3 gun as a hobby. He talks about how long the drive is more than the cost of the ammo.

Wishing you the best of luck with your education. I bet you have many stories to tell with the students around you every day. I had the same idea about setting up a firing range in the back yard. Walked around to find the best hill or whatever to have behind the targets. Then I looked it up on a satellite view to see where the strays would go if they went too high, then gave up. Thought it might make the news if the athletics director for the state university found some holes in his house.

The Allround serves me well and gets the rounds where I want them with ease. I was able to find some Nills later on that fit an Allround with a magwell. Talked to them real sweet and they said that they had a set in black that were available.

Seems like I get distracted by a P220 more often than not, but I'm entertaining the idea of shopping for a P320. How did you like yours and what are your thoughts on the M18?

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5239 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 582 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post